Kuiu Pants Attack or Kutana

manitou1

WKR
I wear attacks quite a bit. Actuallywearing a pair right now... but IMO they are a bit heavy/warm for hot weather, even withthe hip vents.

Xprmntl

FNG
Doesn't anyone else hate that all the pockets on the Attack are about an inch shorter than the Tiburon and Kutana? No mention of it in the 8000+ glowing reviews in the Kuiu site

Last edited:

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
Are the attack to warm for everyday wear around town and such? I have some of the Wrangler outdoor pants but looking for something different.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
Are the attack to warm for everyday wear around town and such?

Since the Attacks are too warm for me for pretty much anything I do hunt wise I’m wearing the only pair I ever bought for in town winter pants so yes, they’re good for that :)

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
Since the Attacks are too warm for me for pretty much anything I do hunt wise I’m wearing the only pair I ever bought for in town winter pants so yes, they’re good for that :)
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ehayes

FNG
Thanks for the reviews. I went with the Kutanas and they are awesome. I used to run Prana Zion. Apparently they switched their fabric this year and it did not receive as glowing reviews. Glad I made the switch and bonus support a hunting brand.

pjh360

FNG
I have both and consider the attacks as more of a “cool” weather pant, although the hip vents work great when it warms up. Kutanas are definitely not too noisy.

Attacks are too warm for what you want, Kutana probably too loud. FWIW I own both and much prefer the Kutanas in all but extreme cold. For warm weather and quiet, I’d go OR Ferrosi. Never tried Sitka Ascent, but that may be a good option as well.

I've got a lot of miles and brush busting on my Attack's & Kutana...I no longer own Attack's.

I haven't had any issue with Kutana for noise, I walked up on a bunch of bedded Muley doe this year at ~20 yards and they had no clue I was there.

jlively

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the Attacks for a few months, so no hot weather experience with them. But I ordered the Kutanas at the same time and had to return them because they're way too short. The Kutanas definitely fit a bit more snug and if your inseam is 34 (I'm 36) they will be too short. I liked the material of the kutana much better than the attacks though.

Last edited:
I own both Kutana and Attack. If you’re looking for warm weather pant Kutana is great. It does have a slight amount of “swish” but not enough to be concerned about. The Attack pants have zero swish and are definitely warmer. They are great for consistent cold temps. IMO the Attacks are a bit more comfortable but the Kutanas are still great and serve their purpose in warmer weather.

Xprmntl

FNG
Kutanas are too tight in the thigh and knee in relation to waist size (32") for me. It feels like they're fighting me when I have to step high (some similar reviews on Kuiu site if one searches for "knee"). They're also 1-2" shorter in there regular size compared to other Kuiu offerings. The Tiburon has a more generous, but still slim cut, and it's cooler, and I find it to hold up pretty well, to brush and snags, but does start to fray at high wear interfaces like pockets in about a year of weekly use. I don't like the wide belt loops on such light pants. I guess people like them for a 1.5" leather gun belt or something? I prefer a light, 1/2" nylon belt which tends to ride too high on the belt loops as the loops are sewn to the very top of waistband.

Last edited: