Kuiu peloton 97 vs ultra merino 145

eoperator

WKR
im a late season rifle hunter. These layers keep me comfy from 55deg & sunny- below 0 & windy.

wool -base
peloton 97 & grid fleece hoodie -mid
orange color peloton 240 vest
sd pro puffy jacket
chugach rain jacket

j33

WKR
I tried the 240 and it was great at wind blocking but I just found it didn’t breath good enough, unless it was really cold I didn’t want to use it. Sold it and bought a 210. 210 doesn’t block wind as good but offers better breathability, always a trade off. Keeping the 210 for now, like it’s extra durability and kangaroo pouch pocket is awesome, it’s also mapped properly for breathability vs 240 that has none.

I’ve had the 97 for a couple years, I use it as a mid layer over a SS shirt and toss a wind shirt above it, that’s a deadly combo. Can’t add more than what others are saying but I would only buy the 97 if you are a serious gram counter and don’t plan on wearing about bush. It’s ideal to wear during high activity, where I couldn’t do with the 210. Use the 210 bear hunting over the weekend and worked great for that. 97 comes with me sheep hunting or as a light extra layer.

OP
E
I tried the 240 and it was great at wind blocking but I just found it didn’t breath good enough, unless it was really cold I didn’t want to use it. Sold it and bought a 210. 210 doesn’t block wind as good but offers better breathability, always a trade off. Keeping the 210 for now, like it’s extra durability and kangaroo pouch pocket is awesome, it’s also mapped properly for breathability vs 240 that has none.

I’ve had the 97 for a couple years, I use it as a mid layer over a SS shirt and toss a wind shirt above it, that’s a deadly combo. Can’t add more than what others are saying but I would only buy the 97 if you are a serious gram counter and don’t plan on wearing about bush. It’s ideal to wear during high activity, where I couldn’t do with the 210. Use the 210 bear hunting over the weekend and worked great for that. 97 comes with me sheep hunting or as a light extra layer.
So to you, the 97 is something you throw on when hiking up and the 210 is more a piece you put on when you are there? I keep hearing about the usability of 97 and I think I'm gonna have to just get one to try it out

j33

WKR
So to you, the 97 is something you throw on when hiking up and the 210 is more a piece you put on when you are there? I keep hearing about the usability of 97 and I think I'm gonna have to just get one to try it out

I found the 210 can be used while moving, obviously not a heavy hike. 240 I could hardly use while moving. 97 I can wear it during a heavier hike, great breathability and combined with a 4oz wind shirt it’s an extremely flexible package.

You could order both, keep tags on them and try them around the house to decide.

OP
E
I found the 210 can be used while moving, obviously not a heavy hike. 240 I could hardly use while moving. 97 I can wear it during a heavier hike, great breathability and combined with a 4oz wind shirt it’s an extremely flexible package.

You could order both, keep tags on them and try them around the house to decide.
Which wind shirt do you like?