Kuiu Pro Bino Harness

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else experienced this?

Been seeing a lot of the same issue, so I've held off on buying one for now... I saw one guy that used the extra foam shims to line the sides, and another guy that was going to spray foam the sides somehow for a better fit. Looking back earlier in this thread and on their website, the L and XL both have the same width... definitely seems like a poor choice in design...

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is the extra width with the 10x42 EL Swaros. Size L bino harness.

Attachments

• IMG_20190917_070732.jpg
    IMG_20190917_070732.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20190917_071247.jpg
    IMG_20190917_071247.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Sizes off...shims..sounds like they needed some more R&D.
The shim idea for height sounded pretty good to me actually since different prisms have different lengths. The width deal is just a killer though... Obviously 10x42's are narrower than 12x50's 🤷‍♂️

engelm

Lil-Rokslider
I sent the large back and ordered an XL for my Maven B2s. I’ll report back when I receive it and see how the B2s fit. They were too tall for the L harness so the XL should do nicely. They’re a little wider as well, and since both harness sizes are the same width I think it will take care of that issue as well.

engelm

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I received the XL Pro Bino Harness yesterday and I’m going to be keeping it. My Maven B2s fit very well inside with minimal movement. I think it’s a great choice for any larger Bino. I’m not sure I’d recommend this as an upgrade for someone with binos on the smaller side (think anything 42mm and less) but for any Bino with a larger objective lens, these pro harnesses are great.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
How is opening and closing the lid working for everyone? Easy to operate one handed? Are the magnets/material very loud?

i know its off topic but a little comment on Kuius customer service.i received my large harness damaged. looked like a spear went through center of the bag .called and reported it a week ago minutes after it came out of my mailbox.multiple hands fumbled...wanted a new one for weekends hunt. even offered to pay for a new one and when they got this one back they could credit. replies days later. i know its a busy time of year but slow as molassas in january...the tone of there agents on the phone are like your bothering them. just a bit too sour or something. cant say its the last thing i buy but after dealing with companies through the years like Leupold,Ruger, Kifaru,Seek Outside they are not the same league.

Attachments

• IMG_9419.PNG
    IMG_9419.PNG
    347.5 KB · Views: 82
How is opening and closing the lid working for everyone? Easy to operate one handed? Are the magnets/material very loud?
I have gotten used to one handed operation. The lid isn’t too bad in my opinion. Getting the nocs out takes a bit more practice. But after a while it’s just muscle memory. I’m running maven c3 12x50’s. I will add that I’m also using the rangefinder case, and that thing squeaks like crazy. I had to put hockey tape on the plastic components to stop it. Might be a deal breaker for some, but now that it’s quiet I’m satisfied.

Dan87

FNG
Overall, I am liking the harness extremely well. I just wish they would have added the tag pocket to the back like the AGC. The fit does seem a little sloppy but hasn't been a big deal for me so far. I do like how slim and compact it is with the option for additional pocket on the bottom.

I have never had a harness before I got my kuiu pro a few weeks back but I used to run the chest straps type. IMO the harness is much better as my binos don’t bounce around anymore. Also it is super comfortable and does not get in the way of my bow at all. I can’t imagine one being more comfortable.

Bob6180

FNG
Resurrecting this thread. Looking to compare the Kuiu Pro with the AGC Cub or Hybrid. Buying my first holder for a week long trip out west this Fall, so looking for something that will be comfortable for the week.

Bonus points for experience anyone who has worn either over a Kenai Holster

Thanks!
Bob

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
Resurrecting this thread. Looking to compare the Kuiu Pro with the AGC Cub or Hybrid. Buying my first holder for a week long trip out west this Fall, so looking for something that will be comfortable for the week.

Bonus points for experience anyone who has worn either over a Kenai Holster

Thanks!
Bob
I was torn between these same options a couple of months ago. I wanted to like the AGC but couldn’t get over the lid opening up towards me. Ended up with the Kuiu and really like everything about it besides the front pocket being extremely tight. I plan to eventually run a chest holster underneath as well.

PredatorX

WKR
The lid opening up towards me is what prompted me to try a kuiu pro. I wanted to like the kuiu but several issues kept me from keeping it

1. It was noisy.
2. Pockets on it were very limited.
3. My HD-B's would constantly hang up when pulling them out

In the end my solution was quite bizarre actually. It was an older AGC with the clip style closure. What that allows me to do is to fold the lid back over the back and clip it together. Then I won't have any lid to worry about. It is so dang sweet.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

huntuk

FNG
I just received a pro harness tonight. I ordered a size large to replace my original Kuiu harness. This new pro is HUGE compared to the original. My Maven C1s will fit in the original but it’s a super tight fit. In the new pro harness, if I push the binos all the way to one side of the pocket, there’s over an inch between the binos and the other edge of the pocket. I thought at first I got an XL, but it’s marked L. I measured and can’t seem to duplicate the measurements posted on the website of either the L or XL.

I like the new design but these binos move around quite a bit inside. Maybe these C1s are on the small side for 10x42s but I feel like I could easily fit much larger binos in this size L harness.

Anyone else experienced this?
Quick question. Would Maven C3 10x50 fit in the large you think?

huntuk

FNG
I have gotten used to one handed operation. The lid isn’t too bad in my opinion. Getting the nocs out takes a bit more practice. But after a while it’s just muscle memory. I’m running maven c3 12x50’s. I will add that I’m also using the rangefinder case, and that thing squeaks like crazy. I had to put hockey tape on the plastic components to stop it. Might be a deal breaker for some, but now that it’s quiet I’m satisfied.
We’re you able to fit the c3 mavens into a L Kuiu Bino harness?