Kuiu pro versus lt?

scottstef

FNG
I am looking at getting my first hunting pack and am looking at the kuru packs. I am torn between the pro 6000 and lt 6000. is the heavier gauge worth the extra pound and $80 from a durability standpoint? I don't see much dother difference between the two. thanks

Drenalin

WKR
I haven't had durability issues with either fabric; in fact, I wish more pack companies would use the 330 Cordura. Another difference between the Pro and Pro LT is that the front pocket has a non-removable vertical divider on the Pro series, but it's just one large pocket on the Pro LT series. That may or may not matter to you, I strongly preferred one large pocket to two smaller pockets. As far as I know, the frame and suspension are identical.

OP
S

scottstef

FNG
I haven't had durability issues with either fabric; in fact, I wish more pack companies would use the 330 Cordura. Another difference between the Pro and Pro LT is that the front pocket has a non-removable vertical divider on the Pro series, but it's just one large pocket on the Pro LT series. That may or may not matter to you, I strongly preferred one large pocket to two smaller pockets. As far as I know, the frame and suspension are identical.
I agree with the frames identical, that seems to be their selling point. not sure if I care about 1 large versus two smaller pockets, I usually use gear bags to make stuff easier to find.

Outwest

WKR
The LT is more trimmed down but I have never felt like it was less durable. Maybe a touch less organization as was stated but no issues durability wise.

The other difference, at least on the pack I have is that the front compression straps are removable on the LT but not the Pro.

OP
S

scottstef

FNG
The LT is more trimmed down but I have never felt like it was less durable. Maybe a touch less organization as was stated but no issues durability wise.

The other difference, at least on the pack I have is that the front compression straps are removable on the LT but not the Pro.
thanks didn't;t realize that

Tahoe1305

WKR
My only input between the two (have both in different bags) is the pockets.

I personally like more pockets for organization but it does limit some flexibility. It also does weigh more.

Both will be great and doubt you notice the pound difference.

Hunter609

Lil-Rokslider
My only input between the two (have both in different bags) is the pockets.

I personally like more pockets for organization but it does limit some flexibility. It also does weigh more.

Both will be great and doubt you notice the pound difference.
Exactly my thoughts.

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I do like the pocket layout of the Pro more, but the LT is nice being able to open the side and get stuff from mid to bottom of pack.

For the LT I imagine you're looking at the 5500? (Or 7000?), there's no 6000 in the LT. I have the 5500 and it fits everything I need on a shorter backpack hunt.

I have a pro 3600 which is tight for 2-3 days, but can be done.

Between the LT 5500 and Pro 3600 I think they have the same amount of organization pockets, not sure of the larger models.

OP
S

scottstef

FNG

thanks I didn't know that
thanks

OP
S

scottstef

FNG
I have both and prefer the LT. That’s a sweet pack.
I do like the pocket layout of the Pro more, but the LT is nice being able to open the side and get stuff from mid to bottom of pack.

For the LT I imagine you're looking at the 5500? (Or 7000?), there's no 6000 in the LT. I have the 5500 and it fits everything I need on a shorter backpack hunt.

I have a pro 3600 which is tight for 2-3 days, but can be done.

Between the LT 5500 and Pro 3600 I think they have the same amount of organization pockets, not sure of the larger models.
thanks for the feedback

I wouldn’t buy either now unless you need it now or it’s a great deal. Reports are they wouldn’t send a backpack to be included in the new head to head test done by a fellow RS because what they are working on isn’t ready for release yet. Is It a new bag design, is it a new frame/waist belt design, I can only speculate, but a change is in the works. No idea how soon for a release. You may not care and that’s fine too. Just a heads up something new is coming from them it appears.

OP
S

scottstef

FNG
I wouldn’t buy either now unless you need it now or it’s a great deal. Reports are they wouldn’t send a backpack to be included in the new head to head test done by a fellow RS because what they are working on isn’t ready for release yet. Is It a new bag design, is it a new frame/waist belt design, I can only speculate, but a change is in the works. No idea how soon for a release. You may not care and that’s fine too. Just a heads up something new is coming from them it appears.
thanks, that follows the old, when do you buy, grrrrrr.
kind of line a phone, when do you buy one since the latest and greatest is almost out... grrrr. thanks for the heads up

You’re not going to kiss anything going with the LT from a durability perspective. If the layout differences aren’t significant to you, save the pound for sure.