Kuiu Sizing

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
Just wondering how Kuiu stuff fits... Being that I live in Canada and shipping the stuff here is crazy expensive I now have the option of having it shipped to my father in law in California.. Then picking it up myself...

But, I have never had the chance to try any of this gear on.. Im 6" 220lbs... My work pants are a 40" waste, while my regular day to day jeans are a 38" T-shirts and most of my shirts are XL except my Icebreaker merino stuff I usually get in 2XL as I find wool can snug up a bit after washing. (yes I wash in cold water and I do not put any wool products in the dryer).

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm 6'4" 270 lbs and have to go 3XL. I find Kuiu runs almost a size small on me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am 6'2" 215lbs and I normally wear 36"-38" jeans. As far as the kuiu pants, I've found that I'm in between L and xl. I've resorted to getting xl and bringing them to a tailor to take in the rest to make them fit perfect. As far as tops go I pretty much wear xl in t-shirts, jackets, and everyday wear. I've found that the kuiu xl sizing fits me fine. I wear a wool t-shirt under ultra wool 210 hoodie and when the need arises the super down hoodie over that. The wool pieces fit tighter but the super down is more relaxed fit... As compared to the wool.

On the pants especially go up one size form your normal. For tops I'm wearing medium for base and outer layers for a tailored fit. Sleeves are plenty long. I am 6' and 200lbs, 34x34 pants normally and 40-42 chest. I get the 36 pants and medium tops from Kuiu. 34 pants were kind of nut huggers so I went the next size up and they are just right.

Fireguy

WKR
I'm 6'4" 225 pounds. I usually wear a 36" pant. I get 38" in Kuiu pants fits great. I run 3XL for all my Kuiu tops and works great.

OP
BCBowtech

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys... I checked out the 30% sale at Kuiu and even with that and being able to ship it to my family in the US its still a bit too much for me to chew..

Ive decided Im gonna stick with First Lite gear as I can get that in Canada no problem most of the time.. and my Alaska Guide Creations bino pack in in FL Fusion..

if you go with the tag sizing ( L, XL, ect) your results will vary. If have someone measure you and go to their sizing guide you will find it to be dead nuts accurate.

My conspiracy theory is that they make their tag size smaller than normal so that when its compared to a similar product from another company in the same size, the KUIU will always come out lighter so they can keep the people that they can keep the ultra light people happy.

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
I wear 34" x 32" pants and ordered a 34" KUIU Attack pants. A little snug in the waist, but perfect for the length.

North61

Lil-Rokslider
Dear Mr Bowtech.... the 30% sale at Kuiu includes free shipping to Canada for orders over 300.00 They have reasonable shipping for orders under 300.00 as well. They have gone out of their way to provide great service for Canadians and I am becoming a loyal customer from up here in the Yukon.

Hall256

WKR
Piscatory, you are 200 pounds and where a medium top? Have you tried larger sizes from Kuiu, and if so how was the fit?

OP
BCBowtech

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
Dear Mr Bowtech.... the 30% sale at Kuiu includes free shipping to Canada for orders over 300.00 They have reasonable shipping for orders under 300.00 as well. They have gone out of their way to provide great service for Canadians and I am becoming a loyal customer from up here in the Yukon.

Thats fine and dandy, its the duty and taxes that kill everyone in Canada when ordering their stuff..