KUIU Talus paints?

BROOKS5

FNG
The Talus seem to fit the bill for what I'm looking for. But their out of stock until October it looks like. Are there any other options out there that have the lower water proofing but are still available? Anyone have a pair of the Talus? How do you like them? Have read some reviews but wouldn't mind some first hand impressions.
TIA

talus are great pants with right layers they work down to up 20s and the waterproof lowers work great in the snow or heavy dew mornings.

Northpark

WKR
I used the Talus hybrid pants last year in Colorado. With a good base layer hunted in temps down to -29 degrees with 18” of snow. I thought they did very well. Even with the water resistant lowers i still wore gaiters because when it was in the negative temps I really didn’t want to get wet.

jester87

Lil-Rokslider
The Talus seem to fit the bill for what I'm looking for. But their out of stock until October it looks like. Are there any other options out there that have the lower water proofing but are still available? Anyone have a pair of the Talus? How do you like them? Have read some reviews but wouldn't mind some first hand impressions.
TIA

Their axis pant have lower waterproofing but no knee pads, which could make it easier if you intend to wear gaiters. Talus are my go to spring/early winter pant when temps can fluctuate from freezing to 50s/60s. Axis for when its pretty much freezing or below all day.

I have a couple of pairs of Talus. Very well made but they seem to run a bit on the small side in the waist

talus are a touch warmer than the attacks mostly due to it being more wind resistant. but both have hip vents

Big Ern

WKR
Talus are great mid season to early late season. I wore them on a november elk in CO and they worked great. Temps got down to 8-10 degrees in the kornings with 6-10” of snow on the ground.

I also have the axis hybrid and they are a little warmer and more comfortable. Maybe it is the lack of knee pads - i tend to find them a little annoying on the Talus.

can’t go wrong with either pair.

I have a couple of pairs of Talus. Very well made but they seem to run a bit on the small side in the waist

I would agree with this. the groin cut seems a bit tight too IMO, which is the same feeling that one of the RokSlide contributors said in his review of the pants. I can stand to loose a pounds personally but my other Kuiu pants fit great and the Talus is a bit tight.