La Sal High Country

OP
CO2130

CO2130

WKR
Well this is an old post of mine, I didn’t end up drawing last year which was fine as I drew a CO mountain goat tag. Drew the la sals this year though, may end up returning the tag if the fire gets much bigger. It’s already burnt some of the main stuff I planned to hunt/access and shut down a lot of access to other good areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see the Bennion Creek Fire is mostly contained and that is near the area that I planned to archery hunt. I also see that the road closures seem to be lifted and there are stage 2 fire restrictions(notably no fires, but gas stoves are allowed). Question - do burns tend to alter the non-hunting use of trails/roads? I'd really like to find areas without people and that seems like a tall order for Manti-Lasal tag my son and I have. I'd hunt a burn if it meant less pressure.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks

I drew the la sal archery bull tag this year, talked to the biologist last week and sounds like things are/will be pretty well opened up. Hoping to make another scouting trip down in the next week or two.

@SOIHUNT would you mind if I PM you? I just have a couple of questions about the area as I come up with my hunt plan. Thanks!

66Charger

FNG
Just joined here. Would anyone be open to having a conversation about this unit? I drew a dedicated deer tag and will have access for the next 3 years. I would be willing to share any info/spots i find if you decide to hunt here again. Thanks for your time!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just joined here. Would anyone be open to having a conversation about this unit? I drew a dedicated deer tag and will have access for the next 3 years. I would be willing to share any info/spots i find if you decide to hunt here again. Thanks for your time!
Sorry sir, since anyone on the internet can read this forum we don’t allow public posts that contribute to spot burning. Sharing intel via pm is fine but you just joined and won’t have access to that until you make ten posts (or comments) and a week of membership.

Hang out and enjoy the conversations. Introduce yourself in our “fng” section so we can get to know ya.

Edit: please stop spamming us with the same question.