Last day for Slick......

BBob

WKR
Goodbye Slick! Say hello to all my old pals, we'll catch up with you all someday and do it all over again :)

Man I’m sorry about your pup. These threads always make me think about how good dogs are for us. I hope the pain eases quickly and your family.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
Godspeed Slick. Great dog name by the way that seems like it matched his personality well. I sure hope that when we die, we go to the same place our dogs go.

FZY

FNG
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Slugz

WKR
Extra prayers for you and the family.
I cant stand having to put horses or dogs down. Sorry for your loss.

Finch

WKR
Sorry to hear! I had my 13 year old golden retriever put down on my birthday 11 years ago or so. Bone cancer. The saddest part is she was happy as could be that day to ride in my truck one last time. Made me question if I had done the right thing. I'm sure your buddy had a great life.

Took me almost 10 years to finally decide to get another pup after I put my black lab down. He had hip problems so bad it looked someone slammed a sledgehammer into one at the end. I had to carry him into the vet. That was tough. I have a goldendoodle pup now and she is 4 months old and quite the handful at times! 🤣 I catch myself calling her by my old friends name sometimes.

Been there, done that. Absolutely the hardest thing to do, for me at least. I get heavily emotionally invested in my dogs. Cried the whole time at the vet, cried the entire ride home, cried digging his grave, couldn't stop until I buried him curled up in a sleeping position in my yard next to my previous dog.
My Irish and American Indian ancestors believed, as do I, that there is more to this world than what our 5 senses tell us. The spirits of my dogs roam my yard with my current 3 dogs.
Not sure why I'm posting this, the memories make my eyes tear, maybe it's cathartic for me.
I hope Slick's spirit stays close to you.

miggy

FNG
Be grateful for the time you shared with him! You'll both burn em down in hell for eternity haha

smithjd

FNG
My sincere condolences. I understand exactly what you are going through right now. It sure sux.

Fullfan

WKR
Ugh. Shame they don’t live longer. And dang good thing they can not talk. Anyone who has not had a dog as a companion, has missed out. Time will heal, jump right back into it w a new pup. Eases the pain..

Sucks to lose a pet, but hopefully one day we get to see them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro