LastPass security breach - how to proceed?

I’m now going to have to look into a VPN, as I rarely use one. And I’m also digging into firewalls. I’m in a rabbit hole of rabbit holes.

Another member is to blame - as he started me down these paths! Whatever you do, do NOT visit this website - https://inteltechniques.com/.

I use to reference that site, but it’s been a few years. It has a lot of good information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
My main use of a VPN is when I'm on untrusted networks (though I have used it a few time to see content that was unavailable in my geographic area). I had used PIA (Privat Internet Access) for years, but have not been happy with it the past two years as it really slowed the connection down. I just switched to ExpressVPN, wich is more than double the price, but in tests only slows a connection by about 2%. It also checks the right boxes on security and jurisdiction.
I've got Bitdefender which has a VPN but I just upgraded my Proton Mail to include Proton VPN, which I will try out. I'm also trying to learn about firewall options, but I'm so ignorant about so many things, it's hard to figure out where to start.

My only disappointment with my 3 YubiKeys is the inability to use it with my financial accounts. I did add Google Advance Protection today.
For antivirus and firewall I stuck with Norton 360. I think Bitdefender is slightly better, but I can consistently find a one year subscription to Norton 360 for $30 vs $99 for Bitdefender Total Security (though bitdefenders entry offer is $35).
I've got Bitdefender on each of my devices, but also on the Orbi router. But I'm not sure that is as good as it could be.
Both of those have VPNs and password managers. Norton's password manager is pretty basic and not worth using. I would consider using Bitdefender's, but they don't have a way to securely share some passwords with my wife and not others, so for me it is not a great option.
I used Norton for many years, but finally got sick of it (but I can't remember why). They purchased LifeLock, so I'm back to being a Norton customer.
If techy or motivated, use OpenBSD as your OS. I had difficulty keeping basic things working on an easier version on Linux and gave up, so never trid Unix and OpenBSD. That was about 10 years ago though, might be better now.
Those are all Greek to me. I'm probably too lazy to fully opt out of iOS and Google environments, but I've also made many changes recently that I would never have considered 6 months ago.

I do like the idea of a completely "clean" phone that doesn't get tracked or activity recorded, but I'm also pretty reliant on iMessage, including when I'm on a plane.