Late Season Whitetail Kit - Solids

whaack

WKR
Really been thinking of building out my solids collection even more. I have a number of pieces over the years but late season whitetail clothing is a bit more challenging to find a setup that works. (Sub 35 degress w/ winds)

Thinking the following. Anyone gone down this path? Any suggestions you found that work well?

Kuiu Proximity set - only thing worries me is true wind protection. I have experience with Fanatic set. Super crazy warm, but also pretty bulky.

Maybe add the following pieces, which I already have in muted tones to a Proximity set?
Patagonia Houdini Jacket (Windproof shirt). Link. Have this as a midlayer for added wind protection
Patagonia Windshield Pants. Link. These are crazy warm and wind proof for how light they are.
LL Bean Rag wool sweater. Link
Kuiu Kenai Vest Link

For those that have/run any of those items already, thoughts on if that would keep a normal fella warm in the 20-40 range with winds in the teens?

robtattoo

WKR
Carhartt insulated bibs are my go to for winter stand hunts. Layered over sweatpants.
I'm good down into the low teens.
I never saw the punt of anything fancier for stand hunting.

Is everyone getting lazy..... Why can't things be posted in the appropriate forum.. WE HAVE A CLOTHING FORUM

bozeman

WKR
Is everyone getting grouchy....Why can't people send a simple message......WE HAVE A WAY TO SEND PM's.......

To the OP- I have a similar sweater that has a windproof lining......one of the best purchases I have ever made....its a dark brown, so it works in town or in the woods.....

OP
whaack

whaack

WKR
Is everyone getting grouchy....Why can't people send a simple message......WE HAVE A WAY TO SEND PM's.......

To the OP- I have a similar sweater that has a windproof lining......one of the best purchases I have ever made....its a dark brown, so it works in town or in the woods.....
When it's really still out, does the silky windproof membrane make too much noise do you feel?

bozeman

WKR
No noise at all for me. I have had this for probably 10 years now. Mainstay for my hunting ducks, deer, elk....

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Really been thinking of building out my solids collection even more. I have a number of pieces over the years but late season whitetail clothing is a bit more challenging to find a setup that works. (Sub 35 degress w/ winds)

Thinking the following. Anyone gone down this path? Any suggestions you found that work well?

Kuiu Proximity set - only thing worries me is true wind protection. I have experience with Fanatic set. Super crazy warm, but also pretty bulky.

Maybe add the following pieces, which I already have in muted tones to a Proximity set?
Patagonia Houdini Jacket (Windproof shirt). Link. Have this as a midlayer for added wind protection
Patagonia Windshield Pants. Link. These are crazy warm and wind proof for how light they are.
LL Bean Rag wool sweater. Link
Kuiu Kenai Vest Link

For those that have/run any of those items already, thoughts on if that would keep a normal fella warm in the 20-40 range with winds in the teens?

fwee6

FNG
Sitka Timberline pants are the best piece of hunting clothing I've ever owned. I have a pair in lead that I wear 120+ days per year.
I'm terrified they will discontinue them all together, so I have bought 3 extra pairs to have in the closet.

Only wish is that Sitka add hip zippers for venting.

Primal-Understanding

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka Timberline pants are the best piece of hunting clothing I've ever owned. I have a pair in lead that I wear 120+ days per year.
I'm terrified they will discontinue them all together, so I have bought 3 extra pairs to have in the closet.

Only wish is that Sitka add hip zippers for venting.

Same with the mountain pants. I cant make them die. They just flat out work. Zips would be great add though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk