Lathrop and sons

gearguywb

WKR
Just saw they were offering a pretty significant discount on boots, etc.

A guy never has too many set of boots :)

Currently wearing Crispi uninsulated guide boots.

Any real world experience with the Lathrop's?

MThuntr

WKR
I can't comment on real world experience but the forum reviews are generally favorable...acknowledging they are a heavy boot though your Crispis are heavy too. I'd wager they stack up well to your Crispi's.

As a guy with wide feet, I like seeing these in wide and wider. If I didn't have 2 pairs of Hoffmans, I'd consider L&S.

Lathrop boots are quality. I did the whole system a few years ago and was happy at the time. I do think my boots shrank after a season or two though so I need to sell mine. But, they’re well built and tough. Also… I love being able to talk to someone with a simple phone call who’s completely immersed in the boot world and truly listens to your individual experience and issues with footwear

I couldn’t agree more about the quality of L&S boots. Over the years of hunting the western states, I booked an Alaskan grizzly hunt and went in this past September. I was wanting a better experience with my boots than what my previous experience had been. As I narrowed down my boot research, discovered that L&S is located about 1.5 hours from my house. Made an appointment, once Stephen looked at my feet I was astonished on the issues that he pointed out, which fell in line to my previous boot problems. Went ahead and worked with Stephen doing the whole system. I couldn’t be happier with L&S boots, bar none the best fitting boots ever. The workmanship is top notch. At 63 I have gone through the trial and error to get boots to perform, and my feet to hold up, with long days, heavy packs, and tough conditions, the search has finally ended…

tyler155

FNG
I have 2 pairs of L&S, have other boots too to be fair, but great boots and great company. How many boot companies can you call and talk with the owners about the product?