Boot selection is driving me crazy

kcm2

WKR
I have hunted eastern Wyoming a lot for pronghorn. 99% of the time, tennis shoes are fine except for an occasional cactus. It will snow in October, so good boots help then. But mostly tennis shoes work fine.

OP
Mike D Texas
I have hunted eastern Wyoming a lot for pronghorn. 99% of the time, tennis shoes are fine except for an occasional cactus. It will snow in October, so good boots help then. But mostly tennis shoes work fine.

Well since I had some points to blow at Cabela’s I also picked up a pair of Salomon Quest 4 GTX also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 years ago in eastern Wyoming my dads boots wore bad blisters on both his heels. I had a set of crocs in the truck he wore those for the last stalk of the day .I’m all for buying good boot’s especially if you have other hunts planed but don’t think you have to go crazy just for that hunt like others have said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manitou1

WKR
Yeah, if not for the cactus you could really hunt them in crocs or flip flops, 😁

You do not need a $500 mountain boot to hunt pronghorn.

I wouldnt let the flat foot bed necessarily hold you back. Try the boots on with an insole (i like superfeet) and see how they work. May need to jump up a half size to accommodate volume of insole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk