Leafy Suits

Long Cut

WKR
what’s your go-to for ground and stand hunting leafy suit for bowhunting Whitetails on the East coast?

ASAT
First Lite Phantom
Northwoods Mountain Gear
Other?

ChrisAU

WKR
I have the Phantom jacket and mask but tend to only wear it turkey hunting, and usually only the first weekend of season. I whitetail hunt on the ground a lot and have moved away form using it at all. It blocks all the pockets of my regular gear and tends to get hung on stuff.

LostArra

WKR
I believe the ASAT suit would be effective on any coast.
I use it for whitetails, elk, turkey and hogs.

I only use the jacket due to pants pocket access as Chris mentioned

Tartan

WKR
I have the phantom jacket and mask that I've modified a bit. the mask has been cut up and I use it more like a hood (need my face free to anchor with a trad bow) and I've added a bit of synthetic Jute to each to help break up my outline even more.

I just keep it in my bag when I run and gun. If the best spot to be is on the ground, I pull it out and set up.

I don't have any experience with the others to compare, but I like the phantom. Light weight and suits my needs perfectly.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I wear a North Mountain Gear 1/4 zip turkey hunting. I picked up a jacket for bowhunting this year, as well. I wear the 1/4 zip all turkey season because of the heat dumping properties of it. I bought the jacket for the same reason for bow season.

I’ve never owned a pair of the pants.

TN2shot07

WKR
I have the FL jacket and really like it on the ground. I got one of the Nomad leafy pull overs as a gift and haven’t run it in deer season yet but seems nice

kloppy

FNG
x2 on North Mountain leafy suit. Great during those hot late season turkey hunts, and I'll throw it on over the puffy during those cold late season deer hunts.

*zap*

WKR
I have some commercial ghille suit made from real light fabric and it is great for close in ground hunting early season here for deer.....I use a cabelas ghille hat with it......the hat gets used almost all season but not every hunt. Once the leaves fall the ghille suit is done for me.......the suit is from one of those predator hunting companies, I think..had it for years.

Rich M

WKR
I haven't used a ghillie for deer but use em for ducks. I can go and sit on a grassy island and the ducks will about take my hat off. No ghillie and they won't come within 80 yards. Crazy how good they work.

Why not for deer? I'm deaf and don't care for archery hunting. Rifle & ML aren't as distance sensitive, so no ghillie necessary.

Did a guided deer hunt once. The main guides wore leafy suits, said it made a diff.

Moab34

FNG
I use the ASAT suit for east coast archery. Based on my experience I’ll never use anything else.

Kasey

FNG
I bought the North mountain jacket but sent it back. It was faded looking.it was super quiet

Sendit88

FNG
I found just the jacket to work pretty good the pants always seem to hang up on everything

WCB

WKR
IMO leafy suits aren't that great. An actually Ghillie suit is far better. I wear just the jacket and the Ghillie hat. Deer look right through you are even sitting int he wide open if anything they tend to walk over to check you out rather than avoid you.

I have hunted a couple times in a regular "leafy suit" and might as well just worn standard camo. Again in my opinion or experience.

Mtn_Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
My plan is to order a North Mountain as well. Curious to see where this thread leads. I wouldnt mind a real ghille but sheesh that'd be hot in these Georgia temps

My plan is to order a North Mountain as well. Curious to see where this thread leads. I wouldnt mind a real ghille but sheesh that'd be hot in these Georgia temps

These kill suits are built on mesh and not too hot

TheGDog

WKR
The MEsh Kill Suits blend in well visually too. But they can be a little grabby in terms of the mesh strips that hang from them. You CAN NOT beat them though for having to endure a super hot area. And the Desert colored one blends you in something amazing!

Had a cottontail literally 8" from my right foot one time while wearing the Kill Suit Mesh Ghillie suit! Was soo damn cute watching him! Was *almost* a shame harvesting him later. :)