Left Hand 223 Options

I would like to jump on the 223 bandwagon to drastic up the number of rounds I’m sending down range for practice. I already have a plethora of 223 stockpiled so I really don’t want to a different chambering.

The below list seems to summarize what is actually currently available on the market in 223:
  1. Tikka CTR (haven’t seen one in stock in forever so this is not even a real option)
  2. Winchester XPR
  3. Savage 12/110/Axis/ect
  4. Blaser R8
  5. Custom Build
Very little data out on the XPRs and definitely would be stuck with the factory stock and trigger, which likely suck. But it’s cheap.

Triggers, actions, and stocks suck on the savages.

Blaser is $$$

Custom build would have to be on a R700 action. No Tikka actions or bolts with a 223 bolt face available…

Am I missing anything out there for south paws? I don’t want to run an AR. Opinions?

gerry35

WKR
Either one of the Savages or Winchester from that list if you can't find a Tikka. Since lefties are hard to find you won't have any trouble selling if you don't like the gun. The Savage guns have lots of aftermarket parts if that's important to you.

CZ and Remington made them but they might have been a 1 in 12 twist which wouldn't shoot the heavier bullets. Ruger made some too if you can find one.

OP
ndlawrence

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
looking at my distributors i see at most five LH models in 223. various savages and some winchester XPRs. only savages are in stock. heck some of the sites i can't even search by left handedness. i feel so unloved.

Dunky

WKR
I picked up a left hand ctr 223 from eurooptic a couple months ago. Also have a left hand Ruger American in 223 but haven’t looked for a few years to see if they still offer those.

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
did you end up picking something up? I also been looking for a 204 Ruger or .223 . I am hoping the Ruger Americans gen II will be offered in left hand. I know they did make some Ruger Americans in 223 . Savage seems to have a lot of left-hand models, but I bought a savage once. I can't seem to bring myself to buy another. seems to be a major shortage of left-hand small bore.