Left Hand (LH) 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle Options

Pabsy512

FNG
I'm looking at getting a left hand 6.5 Creedmoor rifle but haven't found many in stock options. Right now it looks like there are a few savage models, Ruger FTW Hawkeye, and the Tikka Lite.

My budget is $1,500 for the rifle, so I have also looked at Christensen and Montana Rifle Co. So far I prefer the Christensen but haven't been able to find either of the rifles in stock.

It will mainly be used for whitetails, predators, and some range time. Most of my hunting is done out of a blind, so weight isn't a concern.

As of now I'm leaning towards the Tikka or Savage Storm. I like the Tikka because from what I've heard it's a great out of the box shooter. I like the Savage Storm because it's also a good shooter and seems to have more aftermarket parts. After I shoot out the original barrel I plan to re-barrel with a varmint barrel.

I tried posting earlier, but it looks like for some reason it didn't go through. I apologize if I end up posting twice. :D

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best,
Pabsy

Broomd

WKR
I'm not much of a Tikka fan with the abundance of plastic on their rifles, but they seem to be solid shooters from all reports.

They had a run over at the 24hourcampfire earlier this year with the Tikka 6.5 creedmore lh rifles at $625. With some patience and looking you'll spend much less than your original budget.

OP
P

Pabsy512

FNG
Thanks. the amount of plastic on the Tikka was somewhat of a concern, but it'd be hard to pass on that deal.

NDGuy

WKR
If you can wait a bit, I think Bergara will be coming out with some offerings in LH early next year. I would assume a 6.5 would be among the calibers they release.

Wrongside

WKR
Drop a Ruger Predator in a Boyd's laminate

x2. I've been around two RAP 6.5 CM now, one mine, and they have both been super easy to develope an extremely accurate load for.

I also have a Whitakers Tikka on the way. Really hoping it shoots as well as my Ruger, but that'll be a tall order.

I also have a Whitakers Tikka on the way. Really hoping it shoots as well as my Ruger, but that'll be a tall order.

I picked up a Whittakers Tikka 6.5 CM in LH for my wife before the price jump this last spring. We've only put about 20 or so rounds down it with factory hornady eld-x and eld-m. It shoots both great, but the eld-m's are really shining at .5 moa or better. I am very pleased, especially with factory ammunition.

Wrongside

WKR
I picked up a Whittakers Tikka 6.5 CM in LH for my wife before the price jump this last spring. We've only put about 20 or so rounds down it with factory hornady eld-x and eld-m. It shoots both great, but the eld-m's are really shining at .5 moa or better. I am very pleased, especially with factory ammunition.
That's great feedback. Appreciate it.

I'm looking at getting a left hand 6.5 Creedmoor rifle but haven't found many in stock options. Right now it looks like there are a few savage models, Ruger FTW Hawkeye, and the Tikka Lite.

My budget is $1,500 for the rifle, so I have also looked at Christensen and Montana Rifle Co. So far I prefer the Christensen but haven't been able to find either of the rifles in stock.

It will mainly be used for whitetails, predators, and some range time. Most of my hunting is done out of a blind, so weight isn't a concern.

As of now I'm leaning towards the Tikka or Savage Storm. I like the Tikka because from what I've heard it's a great out of the box shooter. I like the Savage Storm because it's also a good shooter and seems to have more aftermarket parts. After I shoot out the original barrel I plan to re-barrel with a varmint barrel.

I tried posting earlier, but it looks like for some reason it didn't go through. I apologize if I end up posting twice. :D

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best,
Pabsy

I got a Left Hand Savage Stealth in 6.5 creed that will do everything you want and then some. It's for sale if your interested