Left vs Right Helical

Hogyotedeer

Banned
I had a talk with a local bow shop for me about arrow rotation what what he says from the testing they’ve done is that arrow rotation is mostly dictated by the direction your bow is served and string twist. They tested this with a handful of bows and arrows bare shaft clocking on slow mo videos. Got into a deep conversation about the topic even about the direction the material is twisted and made that makes up the serving and bow strings.

dtrkyman

WKR
serving direction is the factor in directing your arrows rotation. I have very little testing thus far but I have left right and straight fletch right now, all impact the same out to 70. 4 fletch blazer x2.

The direction of your helical/offset will overcome the natural rotation from the serving quickly, there are some super slow mo videos on youtube, It sure does seem logical to match rotation but not sure it matters.

stonewall

WKR
i had always heard that string twist is what determines the bareshaft rotation (and for the bows I have at home, that appears to be true). I did re-serve the center on my hunting bow a couple months ago, and did so the other direction...I'll need to go back and test the BS to see if it's still spinning CCW or it it's now CW.

All that said, I saw this video from Paige Pearce, and evidently string twist isn't necessarily the determining factor: