Legalized robbery that needs to stop.

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully Idaho follows suit. I also apply as a non res in Wyoming and have zero issue paying a premium to hunt states other than my home state.

wrgale

FNG
Don’t like what we have for sale don’t buy it. No robbery is taking place if you are willingly giving them your money.

The best one is the 7 day start residents get for the adult Easter egg hunt we call shed hunting.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Thats just going to make more people move to idaho. The west is over crowded with residents, we should be more polite to NR and charge more than we do now for resident tags. Whats the number, I don't know...

And at the end of the day they (WY, and others) are still underfunded, especially when it comes to law enforcement.

KenLee

WKR
Don’t like what we have for sale don’t buy it. No robbery is taking place if you are willingly giving them your money.

The best one is the 7 day start residents get for the adult Easter egg hunt we call shed hunting.
Shit NR come to scoop up bones?
Craziness

KenLee

WKR
Thats just going to make more people move to idaho. The west is over crowded with residents, we should be more polite to NR and charge more than we do now for resident tags. Whats the number, I don't know...

And at the end of the day they (WY, and others) are still underfunded, especially when it comes to law enforcement.
They probably shoot their share of 2 legged varmints

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
+1 For the i dont understand crowd.

Nobody is forcing you to apply. And if you think WY is bad, look at the other western states. Same story. IMO, if you think it is robbery then dont do it.

KenLee

WKR
+1 For the i dont understand crowd.

Nobody is forcing you to apply. And if you think WY is bad, look at the other western states. Same story. IMO, if you think it is robbery then dont do it.
Reminds me of bitching about how good Fireball tastes after a 3 day bender.

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Hopefully Idaho follows suit. I also apply as a non res in Wyoming and have zero issue paying a premium to hunt states other than my home state.
I have no issue paying a premium to hunt and having unequal access to the animals on state land and even private land I don't own. However, I do take issue paying more to hunt on land I have equal right to e.g., federal land and having less access to the animals on said land.

KenLee

WKR
I have no issue paying a premium to hunt and having unequal access to the animals on state land and even private land I don't own. However, I do take issue paying more to hunt on land I have equal right to e.g., federal land and having less access to the animals on said land.
Feel Skippy that the Feds also follow state tax, estate, bankruptcy and personal injury exemtions. If that doesn't help...well, vote and send $ to some legal coalition that wants to change federal law.

wyogoat

WKR
Buuuut…ya don’t. Figure up your personal federal contribution and then go from there. You were more likely to have personally financed a howitzer round that was fired in Ukraine today than paying for the daily parking permit at a Wyoming state park with what Wyoming saw from your annual taxes.
That’s a tired argument.

BBob

WKR
IIRC they said that while that was the rule, it didn't apply to recreational hunting and fishing.
And that was confirmed again when a NM outfitter tried to sue the AZGFD (using the commerce clause) over the 10% non-res cap when the 10% cap was implemented oh so many years ago. He was basically told to go pound sand.

Archer86

WKR

If that's the case colorado should eliminate otc tags now and go to 90 10 that way they have a fighting chance with all the bs policy being pushed. But then again just because a state changes the rules and 3 guy from rokslide threaten to move.....I highly doubt it causes many if any really to move at all that where not all ready contemplating moving.

OP
B

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
The guys supporting these prices aren’t realizing how this affects blue collar workers that would love to hunt in a western state but get eliminated by these crazy prices. Some of these same supports are most likely the same ones that say keep out the non resident because they kill all the game or over crowded spots. Blah blah blah. If I come to your state and out hunt you then you suck and should read some books. Not saying Wyoming specifically but raise the resident tag prices and bring down or level off the non resident prices.

Or trick folks into getting a parks pass with their vehicle registration and scoop up 43 million dollars
How are you going to sell more licenses? Residence already buy licenses. Are you going to sell them two? Try raising the price of a resident license by five dollars and see what happens. Residents will never be the answer to paying the astronomical bills.

Archer86

WKR
The guys supporting these prices aren’t realizing how this affects blue collar workers that would love to hunt in a western state but get eliminated by these crazy prices. Some of these same supports are most likely the same ones that say keep out the non resident because they kill all the game or over crowded spots. Blah blah blah. If I come to your state and out hunt you then you suck and should read some books. Not saying Wyoming specifically but raise the resident tag prices and bring down or level off the non resident prices.
You do relize the wyoming special Increase was to the benefit of certian nr most resident didn't ask for a price increase unless they area outfitter and benefit from nr tags. Same reason there will be a extra 1000 elk tags this year in wyoming for nr hunters

So it's other nr that are effecting the regular guys from getting tags. They look at if they can get a tag more often due to a Increase tag fee they will take the advantage. Unfortunately take a seat and prepare to see EVERY western state that has high demand follow the same strategy.

Hnthrdr

WKR
How are you going to sell more licenses? Residence already buy licenses. Are you going to sell them two? Try raising the price of a resident license by five dollars and see what happens. Residents will never be the answer to paying the astronomical bills.
I’d pay double or triple the cost, most guys I know would, the key here is many places will replace consumptive dollars with non consumptive dollars