Legit Paracord Vendors

Superdoo

WKR
Anybody want to help my find a place to buy real paracord? The internet is a bastion for folks selling knock-offs. I just want to buy some good cord that won’t fail the first time I use it. I’d prefer a bright color and reflective, but it’s not a must.

OP
Superdoo

Superdoo

WKR
Thanks guys. I knew this would be a simple thread, but I couldn’t find the answer when I searched. So I’m hoping this will be helpful for others too.

Rodéo

WKR
Not to hijack OP's post but on the same note, does anyone know how to tell "legit" mil spec paracord from the fake stuff without trying something heavy up and having the line snap?

Just bought a spool from amazon and it looks ok but has maybe a little less width than the paracord I'm used to buying.

Real paracord is made in USA 🇺🇸
Atwood Rope is the legit manufacturer of USA made cord and rope.

The micro cord is another great product, a little less bulky than paracord for things like tent guys, etc.

Genograusam

Lil-Rokslider
I make and sell 550 cord items. I've had well over 10 miles of cord pass over my hands in the last 6-7 years. I buy 99% of my cord from Paracord Galaxy.

They have an awesome selection and fantastic customer service and almost always same-day shipping with free shipping when you purchase 15 or more items.

10% discount code is CLC1401

All of their cord is made in the USA.

I know I'm late to the post, but I figured I'd chime in. Hope this helps.

Rokbar

WKR
I make and sell 550 cord items. I've had well over 10 miles of cord pass over my hands in the last 6-7 years. I buy 99% of my cord from Paracord Galaxy.

They have an awesome selection and fantastic customer service and almost always same-day shipping with free shipping when you purchase 15 or more items.

10% discount code is CLC1401

All of their cord is made in the USA.

I know I'm late to the post, but I figured I'd chime in. Hope this helps.
^^^^^^this^^^^^^^
I'm no expert on this, but I always referred to it as 550 cord. Used a lot when I was in the army for securing gear to packs or your LBE. Even in the early 90s there was knock off cord. It had some fuzzy white interior and not the 5 single strands of white cord in the green housing.

crich

WKR
X2 on lawson equipment! They have thin reflective cord with impressive load ratings along with other little useful gadgets.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody want to help my find a place to buy real paracord? The internet is a bastion for folks selling knock-offs. I just want to buy some good cord that won’t fail the first time I use it. I’d prefer a bright color and reflective, but it’s not a must.
Join the Air Force and you'll have real paracord for days.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
Depends on what you are looking for. Paracord in its traditional sense or Dyneema which is both stronger and lighter...I will not speak on paracord but if you are looking for an exceptionally produced reflective line or dyneema chord then lawson equipment has the best, made in the USA with the best customer service that I have found anywhere....

gelton

WKR
Depends on what you are looking for. Paracord in its traditional sense or Dyneema which is both stronger and lighter...I will not speak on paracord but if you are looking for an exceptionally produced reflective line or dyneema chord then lawson equipment has the best, made in the USA with the best customer service that I have found anywhere....

and for the reflective cord here -

SonnyDay

WKR
I bought an actual parachute at an army surplus store a few years back... and just keeping a parachute in the truck has been amazing. I've used it as a tent footprint on gravel/rocky ground, a shade, a rain cover, a cushion for hauling stuff, etc. And it came with several hundred feet of ACTUAL paracord... which I've been snipping off as needed over time.