Leica 2400 vs Leopold Full draw 4

V-TRAIN

WKR
Here is the cheat sheet for the Leica bluetooth range finders.
It is only 5 pages, the 4th page talks about switching for archery.

On mine, which is a 3500.com, after I turned bluetooth off, EHR on, I only get one reading.

Mine is accounting for angle because I have tested it with my wifes Leupold RX-1200i TBR on fairly steep angles and they are identical yardages. It was identical to my Leica 1000-R also.
I think the 1000-R was the first unit they made that accounted for angles, I used that for about 10 years.
The 3500.com, the way mine is set now, is identical to the 1000-R, which I loved.

Maybe there was a new firmware update, that changed something ???
Maybe that is what is causing issues with some of yours ?

Not really sure, but hope it works for you guys.

I wanted to get this up the other day, sorry for the delay.

Attachments

• LEICA RANGE FINDER CHEAT SHEET.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 49

Kraze

FNG
Here is the cheat sheet for the Leica bluetooth range finders.
It is only 5 pages, the 4th page talks about switching for archery.

On mine, which is a 3500.com, after I turned bluetooth off, EHR on, I only get one reading.

Mine is accounting for angle because I have tested it with my wifes Leupold RX-1200i TBR on fairly steep angles and they are identical yardages. It was identical to my Leica 1000-R also.
I think the 1000-R was the first unit they made that accounted for angles, I used that for about 10 years.
The 3500.com, the way mine is set now, is identical to the 1000-R, which I loved.

Maybe there was a new firmware update, that changed something ???
Maybe that is what is causing issues with some of yours ?

Not really sure, but hope it works for you guys.

I wanted to get this up the other day, sorry for the delay.
And you're positive it's the EHR range that's displaying, not LOS? I have the 3200.com, so not exactly the same, but I had an issue where it was set to EHR, but kept only giving me LOS. I actually thought for a minute I had cracked the code and got it to display just the EHR range lol, but nope. I had to remove the battery and redo the settings to get EHR to show up, and it's always after the first LOS reading (and even in their cheat sheet, it says EHR will be displayed after LOS).

I test it by ranging the top of tall trees against my buddy's Sig rangefinder that gives angle compensated ranges. I wish I could get the Leica's to just give EHR, as that's my biggest complaint with these.

V-TRAIN

WKR
Yea, EHR is on, solid on my rangefinder.
Before I turned Bluetooth off, and went to EHR it was flashing.

I have tested it against another one that I had tested mine prior 1000-R with, on some hills, standing on top of hills and ranging downhill.

I was just thinking it must be some firmware issue.

Like maybe mine was more up to date, or less up to date than say yours maybe ???

Kraze

FNG
Strange, I just tried going through and turning on BT (and checked the firmware, and mine is up to date), just so I could turn it off and follow those cheat sheet directions, and it definitely gives EHR after the LOS distance. It's either a difference in the 3200s vs 3500s, or could be a firmware thing that maybe could be applied to the 3200s in the future (but that probably won't happen lol).

Either way, for the Leica rangefinders I've used (I had the 2000b before the 3200s) and the other various Leica rangefinders mentioned in this thread, minus your 3500s, they seem to give the angle compensated range a second or two after the line of sight range, which has me wanting to get a cheaper rangefinder that will just give me angle compensation for archery seasons.

So if anyone at Leica happens to come across this, please take note, and at least give us an option to just display the EHR range on all rangefinders lol.

bigbuckdj

WKR
Yeah I’ve done all that and I get a line of sight reading and the like a second or two layer I get the EHR. I have a 2800.com. If there is a way to get the EHR first, I want in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V-TRAIN

WKR
I have no idea, see what you are saying, and what the cheat sheet is saying, but that is not what mine is doing.

I tested it again with both rangefinders at lunch.
I stood 20 yards from tree, both ranged 20 yards at eye level.

Ranged a limb about 35 to 40 feet up same tree, which is perfectly straight.
The Leupold shows the angle, which was 28 degrees, both units were identical showing 22.6 yards.
I am only getting one reading, Bluetooth is off, EHR is solid.

I emailed the woman at Leica that sent me the cheat sheet, to ask about only getting EHR, or EHR first.
The way that reads sounds like what issues you are having, and not what mine is doing. Maybe I got a unicorn, heck if I know.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I have no idea, see what you are saying, and what the cheat sheet is saying, but that is not what mine is doing.

I tested it again with both rangefinders at lunch.
I stood 20 yards from tree, both ranged 20 yards at eye level.

Ranged a limb about 35 to 40 feet up same tree, which is perfectly straight.
The Leupold shows the angle, which was 28 degrees, both units were identical showing 22.6 yards.
I am only getting one reading, Bluetooth is off, EHR is solid.

I emailed the woman at Leica that sent me the cheat sheet, to ask about only getting EHR, or EHR first.
The way that reads sounds like what issues you are having, and not what mine is doing. Maybe I got a unicorn, heck if I know.
I’m gonna set aside an hour to go click buttons on the 2800.com I’ll report back