Leica Geovid Pro 10x32 ***Updated 10/17/22***

webb5953

FNG
Josh's review is live on our homepage. These sure give a lot of power in a small package.

Leica Geovid Pro 32 Review
hey Josh, I just purchased the leica geovid pro 32. I just had a question about the applied ballistics on board, i haven't taken it to the range yet to test out of my rifle and turrets. but just doing some fooling around at home i have built my rifle ammo profile and all, and say I range something at 400 yards it tells me to turn my turret say 32 clicks 1/4 moa. but when I use my Zeiss hunting app ballistics as well as some other online at 400 yards I can be out by as much as say 14 clicks from my binos telling me to what the ballastic charts all say? I just want to make sure I am not doing some wrong, or what the heck. Ive went through it muliple times and my inputes are all exactly the same. I would really appreciate your input on this for me as i am fairly new to applied ballistics. I also purchased a Kestrel to go with it but then found out there is no need for one with these geovids. would you still recomend pairing the kestrel elite 5700 to the binos or just sticking with the app on the phone. thank you so much in advance

webb5953

FNG
Hi guys, Hamilton Boykin from Leica here. If you have any Leica-specific questions, please don't hesitate to post them or pm me. I think I've correctly activated the alert feature on this thread and hope I'll get notifications if you post. One question I saw posed above was whether or not magnets will affect the PRO's compass. -They will. Large metal objects, your phone, and magnets can all affect compasses and ours is no different, but knowing that ahead of time should reduce any issues for users. Regarding light transmission, I run the 8x32 PRO and it is as bright in low light as my 56mm Leica riflescope set on 8 power (its brightest power setting). I hunt in SC mostly, where we can legally shoot deer until 1 hour past legal sundown, allowing us to stay out until 20-25 minutes past hard dark. In this situation, I've never had a time where I could see something with my scope and not see it thru my PRO. Also, FOV 32 of the PRO is actually the same as in a 42mm 3200COM of the same power (10x32 FOV = 10x42 FOV). The 374' FOV I've seen posted elsewhere came from an old spec sheet that was improperly translated from FOV at 1000m to FOV at 1000y. Actual FOV of the 10x42 3200COM is 342' at 1000y vs. 345' in the PRO 32. The 8x32PRO also has a slight advantage of 405’ FOV vs 8x42 3200COM’s 390’ FOV.
hi Hamilton I just purchased the leica geovid pro 32. I just had a question about the applied ballistics on board, i haven't taken it to the range yet to test out of my rifle and turrets. but just doing some fooling around at home i have built my rifle ammo profile and all, and say I range something at 400 yards it tells me to turn my turret say 32 clicks 1/4 moa. but when I use my Zeiss hunting app ballistics as well as some other online at 400 yards I can be out by as much as say 14 clicks from my binos telling me to what the ballistic charts all say? I just want to make sure I am not doing some wrong, or what the heck. I've went through it multiple times and my inputs are all exactly the same. I would really appreciate your input on this for me as i am fairly new to applied ballistics. I also purchased a Kestrel to go with it but then found out there is no need for one with these geovids. would you still recommend pairing the kestrel elite 5700 to the binos or just sticking with the app on the phone. thank you so much in advance

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone experienced any issues with there barometric sensor? I have the Pro 32 and the 2700's both readings are roughly 2 inhg low compared to the local weather station. i.e the Pro's read 27.62 (inhg) and the local station is 29.89 (inhg)?

parshal

WKR
Local weather station is probably reporting corrected pressure. I’ve never seen any reporting station report uncorrected.

BjornF16

WKR
Hi Hamilton!

When do you think the pro track and the calibrationissue is fixed? Very frustrated that I bought the 10X32 for that specific gimmick and it does not work at all. We are some serious frustrated hunters in norway struggling to reach out to leica for help.

Thanks. Jaahn
Hamilton hasn't been "seen" since his October 2022 post...doubt you'll get an answer from him

@SpanielDog

JGRaider

WKR
Hamilton is the best thing Leica has going for them. He's so overrun with handling BS that Leica customer service has screwed up. At least that's how it was in my case.....trying 3 times (and failing) to get me some 3200's that actually worked. I finally said "screw it" and went another route.