Leica Geovid Pro 10x32 ***Updated 10/17/22***

the Nikon monarch 7 8x30 is about that 19 oz range, I picked one up as bow/loaner option and it's great value bino...but on a tripod against my ultravid 10x32's pulling apart a mountain to actually finding needles in haystacks...it can't compete, it's an entirely different level of image and comfort etc., time behind the glass counts, it sounds like you just don't know what you're missing yet and you're trying to sell us, and yourself, a narrative that makes only you comfortable ;)

for me, as the poster above you suggested, it's clear I'll have to put my ultravid hd's up against the geovid pro in person and spend a bit of time comparing before I eat a 6 oz tax and empty wallet tax, the image and comfort has to be within a couple percentage points for me to consider this move
I’m not trying to sell anyone anything except in the classifieds 😉

I’ve looked through high end glass and intend to upgrade to premium… eventually. Im just not ready to do that until the premium glass ticks the other boxes of lightweight with angle compensating rangefinder. No way I’m spending thousands of dollars on something that is wanting in some area. These new Leicas are apparently wanting in two areas.

Last edited:

ihuntsolo

FNG
Sorry for the question as this is my first post. I just tried to have my first serious setup for binos/RF. For all of you who have transitioned from carrying two separate gears to a RF binos combo, will you never look back or actually regret about the change (since the combo may not have the best glass yet)? Just trying to decide which routes to go with western hunting style (backpacking). I only have a 15x50 ViperHD binos and am thinking about buying a Leica 2800.com RF.

Sorry for the question as this is my first post. I just tried to have my first serious setup for binos/RF. For all of you who have transitioned from carrying two separate gears to a RF binos combo, will you never look back or actually regret about the change (since the combo may not have the best glass yet)? Just trying to decide which routes to go with western hunting style (backpacking). I only have a 15x50 ViperHD binos and am thinking about buying a Leica 2800.com RF.
If you bow hunt and rifle hunt this western stuff and could only have one set up then tough to beat 10x32 alpha with the handheld rangefinder. Everything else is a luxury for niches imo. I’ll never not have that combo but I’ll add things like geovids or 15x binos or another spotter for niche opportunities but one combo I can count n to do it all.

Venatic

FNG
I found my level of unacceptable. The new 10k Sig’s are heads and shoulders above the Alpha RF Binoculars in the ranging and features but the blue tinted glass was too much to sacrifice so I sold and went to Swaro/Leica RF models. I must not have the eyes or discerning enough tastes to see the difference between them and their non RF counterparts.

parshal

WKR
I've run the Sig 10k's at a couple matches now. The blue tint is obvious but not bothersome to me. I think it'd be a hindrance in obscured lighting condition. My NRL Hunter teammate was running the Swaros. There was one target amongst ~100 that I could easily hit that he couldn't.

I can see the difference in glass between the Geovid Pro and NL Pure. It's no reason to carry the Pure without a RF. I might toss the Pure on a tripod by the truck but I'll carry the Pros. In short, the difference in glass isn't worth not having a RF.

Weirdly, regarding the Sig 10k, I spoke with a guy that ran the prototype and they didn't have the blue tint. I can't figure out for the life of me why they'd add it if they made a pair without it.

WILLMCC

FNG
I have a set of the Geovid Pro 32 in 10X and I have tested all of the latest offerings from all of the major suppliers and these come the closest to punching all of the buttons.

Neilrich2

FNG
Hey Everyone!
I used to have the HD-B 2200's. Just got my 32 pros!
Hoping to get a couple things clarified..

1.In my old 2200's for archery mode it would show you line of sight and then shoot to.. with the pros in EHR mode it just shows one distance. Is this already calculated for angle?

2.I thought I read somewhere you could upload 3 rifle profiles to the binos themselves. Does anyone know if that is true?, if yes, how do you upload more than one to the binos themself?

Thanks!

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Everyone!

1.In my old 2200's for archery mode it would show you line of sight and then shoot to.. with the pros in EHR mode it just shows one distance. Is this already calculated for angle?

2.I thought I read somewhere you could upload 3 rifle profiles to the binos themselves. Does anyone know if that is true?, if yes, how do you upload more than one to the binos themself?

Thanks!
In the older models that have the SD card you can load multiple profiles on the card and cycle through them in the binocular menu. On the 32 pros you can only have one profile loaded (done via the app on your phone) but you can load multiple profiles on your phone. Swapping profiles is quick and easy one you are connected via Bluetooth. I don't know about your question 1.

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Everyone!

Thanks!
Yes, the displayed distance is the angle compensated horizontal distance. I have the 2200's as well and have screwed up a few times by not waiting for the compensated range.

Has anyone used both thr 10x and 8x that can comment on things like blackouts, eye relief, general ease to get behind, etc..?

Has anyone used both thr 10x and 8x that can comment on things like blackouts, eye relief, general ease to get behind, etc..?

Very limited experience, but when trying out a pair of Pro’s, after using NL 32’s for the past year, I instantly got the impression that I was holding a pair of outdated binos. The glass was absolutely sharp, but the limited field of view and the seemingly awkwardly placed focus dial at the rear of the binos, instantly turned me off to considering them. For myself, NL’s paired with a current Leica Rangemaster .com rangefinder, is a better fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fbhandler

WKR
I’d like to get some options on this as well… I also read 10x42 pros are in the works for next year. Trying to figure out if just waiting on that configuration is the way to go

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Lot of experience with both, currently running the 10x. They are honestly very similar, the 8x just having a wider field of view. After owning the 10x42 3200.com for over a year, Im not going to a big body again anytime soon. these things are so small and light that i hardly notice them in my FHF gear harness. Love them.

Also, for anyone interested, we have a handful of them in stock at the moment and will offer a rokslide specific deal to anyone interested. email me, [email protected]

2rjs

FNG
I have a set of the Geovid Pro 32 in 10X and I have tested all of the latest offerings from all of the major suppliers and these come the closest to punching all of the buttons.
Just curious if you compared them to the EL TAs? I really like the idea of the Pro 32s but there seems to be no comparison reviews of these out there yet and its impossible to find them close by to get hands on.