Leica / Swaro warranty

Corbin99

FNG
I’m hoping you guys can help me out with this. From my understanding both Leica and swaro have lifetime warranties for products sold in the United States. I know it is true for swaro but I haven’t been able to verify for the Leica. I’m considering a used televid spotter and will buy it if that’s the case. The problem I have with both is that on their websites the only warranty they show is what is offered to the European market. Can anyone shed some light on this?

TaperPin

WKR
On another forum a guy had a swaro binocs stolen and a few years later it was returned to swaro for repairs and the serial number matched the original owner. Not only did they return it to him, but went through it for function and replaced the lenses. I’m not 100% on the details, but he had them also replace some cosmetic parts and I don’t remember what they charged him for those. I was impressed.

OP
C

Corbin99

FNG
On another forum a guy had a swaro binocs stolen and a few years later it was returned to swaro for repairs and the serial number matched the original owner. Not only did they return it to him, but went through it for function and replaced the lenses. I’m not 100% on the details, but he had them also replace some cosmetic parts and I don’t remember what they charged him for those. I was impressed.
Ya that’s super cool of them to do!

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
Get the serial # of the televid and call Leica. They can tell you if the product is a USA product, if and when it was registered and what warranty is may have.