Length of pipe above Tipi

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
How far should a stove pipe extend out above the top of a tipi? I have an 84" pipe and want to put it in a DIY Tut and with the top measuring at 78", leaves me with 6" of pipe sticking out not counting the height of stove body where the bottom of the pipe sits. is this doable with a spark arrestor or dampener on the stove? I'm worried about melting my tent. What say you?

Don't know if this helps or not, but here's what my 12 person looks like. I also run a spark arrestor and haven't had any damage from sparks.
5bc33b469bb89e5b964a81216413859e.jpg

I'm guessing that 6" may be a little risky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I chose a pipe length to give me about 24" above the top of the tipi. Hoping that will let more sparks cool before hitting the tipi.

The SO 6-man is about 7'10" at the peak. The SO stove is about 12" tall. I have a 9-foot pipe. That puts the top of the pipe about 10 feet above ground, and about 24-26" above the tipi. The extra length also gives a little more latitude for snow situations where you may want to dig down some, or the stove may melt down lower.

bYJeiTI.jpg

reaper

WKR
24" is good and ALWAYS USE THE 2 SPARKS ARRESTORS,always,no matter what.6" is asking for problems,like montana marine said,in a snow situation it give you some inches to play with with a longer pipe.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk