Let's see some bear hunting pics!

bmack

FNG
Greenhorn - Awesome photos...you've had some fun adventures judging by some of your posts I've seen on a few different sites.

Oregon spring bear. Aged at 10 years old and his skull went 19 12/16.

Digiscope Spring Bear_3.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Dang Greenhorn....that is an impressive photo collection of bears there indeed. Just wondering are cinnamon phase bears extremely prevalent where you hunt or do you single them out?? Just wondering cause I've only ever seen one cinnamon black bear here in Alaska.

Greenhorn

FNG
Luke, around here, a large percentage of bears are colored. I'd say 50% are colored, possibly more.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Right on!!! That is pretty cool. I'd love to get a color phased black bear. All the brown phase bears up here have a big hump on their shoulders ;)

Again congrats on the impressive collection!! And I know your other critter collections are just as much or more so impressive!

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
GH, you could just run some bear carpet through your house with all those you knocked over. Some beauties in there. Congrats!

O'Really

Lil-Rokslider
Dang Greenhorn....that is an impressive photo collection of bears there indeed. Just wondering are cinnamon phase bears extremely prevalent where you hunt or do you single them out?? Just wondering cause I've only ever seen one cinnamon black bear here in Alaska.

Luke, my situation was similar to yours. I had never seen a cinnamon bear after living up here my whole life. Killed plenty of 'black' black bears, but had never seen a color phase bear. Then, went on a moose hunt in a new area that I had never hunted before. We saw 16 cinnamon/chocolate bears that trip, it was incredible. From my experience, seems like there are small pockets with those genetics. My goal had always been to kill a nice black one with a chevron on its chest, now I'd not only like to do that, but I'd like to kill a nice Alaskan cinnamon bear. Maybe this spring, I know right where to go...

Here's a few bear pictures. A couple bear hunting and one just bear killing.

Attachments

• 2006 caribou hunt-0025.jpg
    2006 caribou hunt-0025.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 034_34.jpg
    034_34.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Wulik bear.jpg
    Wulik bear.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 86

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't posted pics before - see if this works.
Couple of my more recent bears.
Darren sask bear 2.jpg
Taken while hunting whitetails. Was glassing down a field edge, looking for deer, when I heard a slight noise below my treestand. Looked down and this guy was waddling past, eating in the field as he went. Shot was 30 yards, recovery was about 10. He went down unbelievably fast, which was perfect.
Darren bear 1.jpg
Took this smaller cinnamon while looking for elk.

Greenhorn

FNG
My son had some luck in the lee Metcalf wilderness area of SW Montana this spring. He's 12 and it's his first.
970190_10200366159335560_488541429_n.jpg