Let's see some traditional harvests!

Somewhere back in the mid '80s I shot this doe with an original Bob Thompson Zipper recurve. The bow was all made from wood I personally cut and delivered to Bob.
e2oiHRll.jpg

Big crazy nontypical I killed back in 1993. One cedar shaft at dusk. All velvet rack. If you can believe it, this buck pushed 400 pounds live weight. Took 3 men to get him out of the field.
yxdpGo2l.jpg

zqgrtgHl.jpg

The mount:
43uiU2ml.jpg

Btaylor

WKR
Thats a very cool deer Kevin. Any known reason for him to still be in velvet that late? Had a few sets of that persimmon tree camo too. Was good stuff till you washed it a couple times. Was still climbing tree with a baker back then. Happy to have lived to tell about it.:oops:

Poorly developed testicles. No known reason for that to happen. It kept him out of the breeding pool and he never shed velvet though he did shed his antlers annually. I hunted him, scouted and photographed him for over 2 years before I finally got the shot.

Btaylor

WKR
That's what I was expecting. I've only seen a couple of velvet deer killed in Oct/Nov here. One was a buck with a testicle issue and the other turned out to be a doe. The combined racks might not have equaled one side of your deer. LOL Very cool to have that history with that deer as well.

DWinVA

WKR
I took a few hours vacation this morning for an appointment with "Dr. Woods" and the Lord Blessed me with my 3rd gobbler of the season. What an awesome way to start the workday.

God Bless.

Last edited:

slick

WKR
Kevin- I always enjoy seeing pictures of your solo moose hunts trad style. Reminds me of Fred Bear and Co.