Lets see your hunting/daily driver rig (Pics)

I actually could get 20mpg going 70mph with the stock 265s on. That has dropped to ~18.5mpg with the 33"s. A tank full around town averages ~14.5mpg.
I haven't taken my Tahoe on the highway for a full tank of straight driving. I've been getting 13 running around but that includes long idles to warm up on cold mornings and/or offroading in 4 low on every tank. I also never put my tires above 30 psi because I end up airing down to anywhere in the teens so often.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

marlowfw

FNG
486ee76449217869526fc3303c83aa4a.jpg

2015 2500 DirtyMax. Only has about 52k miles on it right now.

Titan_Bow

WKR
2011 Xterra Pro 4. Got a great deal on it at the beginning of the year. Just had 65,000 miles on it. I put 15,000 on it between turkey and elk season. Slept in it ~30 nights or so this year. Love it!

XJLudd2.jpg

o9w7hqQ.jpg

w5Qvg2p.jpg

xNkZ3uC.jpg

Man, I miss my Xterra! I hit a deer last month and Progressive totaled it! I had a 2012 Pro 4X, I bought 6 years ago, with only 6k miles on it. I put On another 160k since then, and was planning on keeping for several more years. The ability, especially being solo, to just park and climb in the back to sleep is pretty crucial in a hunting rig. Especially the way I hunt, where everything is a few hours drive, and there are a lot of bonsai weekend trips. To me that’s priceless.
Just pulled the trigger last night on a 2021 Toyota 4Runner. I’ve been a Nissan owner pretty much my whole adult life, with the exception of my first truck, so hoping all the hoopla and talk about Toyota’s being reliable is legit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 f350. Warren m1500 up front. 35" toyo rt's and some small stuff under hood... I've taken this truck places it probably shouldn't have been. 20200612_145518.jpg

Titan_Bow

WKR
Here's my new ride, picked it up last night. After 6 years with an Xterra, an SUV like this really fits the way I hunt. I spent this morning making a nice carpeted platform that makes the entire rear cargo area flat for sleeping. I'm going to throw some BFG KO2's on it tomorrow also. I got the Venture trim package, which is between the TRD Off Road and the TRD Pro I think. Lifelong Nissan guy here, but really hoping I can enjoy the next decade or so of hunting, fishing and camping with this rig.

NEW 4Runner.jpg

Jbehredt

WKR
Here's my new ride, picked it up last night. After 6 years with an Xterra, an SUV like this really fits the way I hunt. I spent this morning making a nice carpeted platform that makes the entire rear cargo area flat for sleeping. I'm going to throw some BFG KO2's on it tomorrow also. I got the Venture trim package, which is between the TRD Off Road and the TRD Pro I think. Lifelong Nissan guy here, but really hoping I can enjoy the next decade or so of hunting, fishing and camping with this rig.

View attachment 246321

Nice choice. Wife loves her 4Runner and God willing they’ll pry my tundra steering wheel from my cold dead hands. If you do throw in the towel early in ten years you’ll get most of your money back! Definitely better resale than the nissans. Also, loving the Toyo Open Country AT3s that replaced the last set of KO2s on the 4Runner. Better ride and much better snow traction.

nphunter

WKR
Mine, for now, It's been awesome over the past 4 years. It's been all over OR and ID, I've even hauled my camper to ID twice with it. I'm really considering selling it and buying an older Tundra Double Cab with a canopy. It's tough to get me and my two boys in the Jeep for week-long hunting trips and have much room. I'm still on the fence though, the Jeep does so good in the woods it's hard to get rid of, it unbelievable in deep snow shed hunting, I went and picked up a trail cam this weekend 8 miles in 2-4' of snow and was able to air down and drive almost all the way to the camera, I really don't see being able to do that in a 4 door truck.

View attachment 149844View attachment 149845

Upgraded the 07 Rubicon to a 2015 Taco, 70K miles, aluminum bumpers, full skid plates, Icon stage 5 lift with billet UCA’s, onboard air and a bunch of little stuff. Pretty happy with the change. The Taco can’t really compete off-road but it’s soo much better driving across the state. Planning on 4:56 and front and rear lockers next. Sitting in 33’s but contemplating 35’s.
Really loved having a box, my next one will defiantly be a long box though. I was actually after a long box but couldn’t pass this one up. Only about 4K difference in it and the Rubicon worn 180K miles.
First picture is what it looked like clean before I put it to use:) I even found a used canopy to match for a few hundred in the classifieds.

403676A9-BCAE-4B8D-A8BC-50B1349A39CB.jpeg

0A45D67F-EFB0-4230-B4A4-CB282B7C9B25.jpeg
B94211EA-5370-4840-9FA4-C294DC53D7A8.jpeg

8F685425-10D9-4AFB-9E0C-1F758FF191FC.jpeg

Afhunter1

WKR
Just got this one a few months ago. This was after a few days in Wyoming’s backcountry. I need to lift it a little and create some more room for gear. I won’t go back to a gas truck ever!

0C928C95-B0C9-438D-8B51-C561367FDB36.jpeg

Just got this one a few months ago. This was after a few days in Wyoming’s backcountry. I need to lift it a little and create some more room for gear. I won’t go back to a gas truck ever!

View attachment 246686
I don't mean to pick on you but this illustrates exactly why I am done with GM trucks and am now driving a Ram. You have a 2500 with probably 33" tires and that lower bumper section is only a few inches above that parking curb.

My last truck was a 2007 Yukon XL and the front bumper was so low that it would get caught on parking curbs. I ripped it off twice in snow after the plow blocked me in my driveway just after spending hours digging out. GM pussified a truck that previously could go almost anywhere for a tiny bit better gas mileage and to fit the looks soccer moms wanted and sacrificed the key words in SUV "Sport & Utility". They are now doing it to the pick up line too and its ridiculous!

I don't mean to pick on you but this illustrates exactly why I am done with GM trucks and am now driving a Ram. You have a 2500 with probably 33" tires and that lower bumper section is only a few inches above that parking curb.

My last truck was a 2007 Yukon XL and the front bumper was so low that it would get caught on parking curbs. I ripped it off twice in snow after the plow blocked me in my driveway just after spending hours digging out. GM pussified a truck that previously could go almost anywhere for a tiny bit better gas mileage and to fit the looks soccer moms wanted and sacrificed the key words in SUV "Sport & Utility". They are now doing it to the pick up line too and its ridiculous!
If I'm not mistaken, I think some trims don't have that stupid air skirt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Afhunter1

WKR
If they offer it without the skirt I haven't seen it.
Yeah I hate that darn thing too. Lots of guys trim them off and I’m gonna cut that one off. And your right about gm trucks you have to lift your truck 5” just to sit where other do normally. I didn’t have the time or cash to mess with this one yet but it will see a small lift. I will say the fuel mileage runnin 90 mph cross country and ride like your on a cloud was nice.

I understand what you guys are saying here with the Chevy trucks, but you are using one that was built to haul heavy loads for off-road use. Chevy makes a trail boss or a GMC AT4 that is specially designed to do what you are asking and doesn’t have the low hanging stuff. You might be able to get one in a little diesel now I think.

No company designs a big heavy 3/4 ton diesel that will be good off-road. They are made for hauling big heavy items on the highway where you might as well have good aerodynamics and fuel mileage.

Dahide

FNG
2015 F-150 eco-junk most likely trading in next year for a F-250

Attachments

• BE11435A-337D-416F-A5DE-BC31C9DEBB04.jpeg
    BE11435A-337D-416F-A5DE-BC31C9DEBB04.jpeg
    478 KB · Views: 66

Titan_Bow

WKR
..Added a removeable sleeping platform and threw on some BFGs. Headed out with my little boy this weekend to try and get a doe!

Attachments

• newtires.jpg
    newtires.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 116
  • Sleeping platform.jpg
    Sleeping platform.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 116
  • sleeping2.jpg
    sleeping2.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 116