Let's see your mountain goat pics!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Nice goat Greenhorn. He was the old man on the hill for sure. Massive everywhere. It looks like you dumped him perfectly too. Congrats on a long and sucessful hunt.

Quit being so modest lets see some of your billies!!!

slim9300

WKR
My first ever mountain goat picture at the top of Mt. Ellinor with my wife. We saw 7 goats total but this was the only one that would hold still for a picture. I did see 3 kids from about 10' away standing right under the backside of the top peak, but they were as surprised to see me as I was to see them. They ran down those cliffs like they were on flat ground. :)

4esa3ahu.jpg

anazevav.jpg

pazymypy.jpg

y7y8a2ez.jpg

u4yge3ur.jpg

bradb

WKR
Awesome. Gets me even more fired up for my Willard peak Nanny tag this fall!

slim9300

WKR
Great pics Slim! How was the chute?

It's was really neat. Thankfully most of it was covered in 5+' of snow pack other than the narrow 'slide.' The glissading chute that everyone has been using is down to rock in two places and pretty much done for the year.

I'm taking a bunch of friends back next year and I'm taking the necessary equipment this time so I can go faster. :)

For some more pics...

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=104778#post104778

WKR
After 13 years of trying for a goat tag in Colorado I finally put in for a nanny tag and drew it. Did a solo hunt and finally on day 4 found a group of them. Nice mature nanny and a nice workout getting her down by myself.

slim9300

WKR
After 13 years of trying for a goat tag in Colorado I finally put in for a nanny tag and drew it. Did a solo hunt and finally on day 4 found a group of them. Nice mature nanny and a nice workout getting her down by myself.

Congrats. That's a good looking nanny. :)

OP
shanevg

shanevg

WKR
These are from earlier this month. The kid was probably less than 24 hours old.

IMG_4360-5-M.jpg

IMG_4450-10-M.jpg

[video=youtube;4L40A1jMuyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L40A1jMuyo[/video]

mwhamm

FNG
zaguhedu.jpg

My first nanny taken back in 2009, was it really that long ago? I took this goat two weeks after tagging out on my first Dall sheep. Both were DIY hunts in Alaska.

Goat was taken on a permit tag north of Seward, AK.