Leupold 1400i vs Ranger 1800 vs Sig 1600

richyrich408

Lil-Rokslider
Hey All, looking at getting a rangefinder. I will using this for Archery Elk, Rifle Mule Deer, and golf. I don’t see myself needing ballistics as I won’t be doing long range shooting much. I kinda gathered the following

*They all have red displays
*I like the clip and the warranty on the ranger but it seems overpriced for what it is and I hear they have a warranty for a reason.
*The Sig Kilo 1600 looks like a good middle ground with price and features (have a 25% discount as well) but the lifetime warranty only covers the optic not components which fall under a 5 year
*The Leupold is pretty feature packed for the price but only has a 2 year warranty and I’m concerned about the quality and durability.

I might spring up to the sig bdx if it’s worth it for the extra 50 or so but I’m on the fence due to it dipping into my bino budget.

Thanks for any opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Did you end up getting one? I'm looking at the exact same ones to upgrade from my halo.

OP
richyrich408

richyrich408

Lil-Rokslider
Ended up buying the Sig 1600 BDX. I called up Sig and they honored an Elk 101 Discount. I’m really happy with it. It’s well built and the Red display is awesome. Holding down will enable an auto-ranging feature which is super fast to get a good measurement. Faster than my buddies Vortex. The only reason I got the BDX is because I reload and though it might be worth it at some point. I feel like the customer service was better with Sig rather than Leupold even though I do like my Leupold VX3 Scope I’ve had. I think vortex does make good stuff but is a little over priced for what it is. You can find comparable optics to vortex from other manufacturers at a cheaper price. For example my Maven C1s and Vortex Vipers are both made in the Philippines with a lifetime warranty but the mavens are like 100 less. I attribute that to vortex having to markup prices from selling in brick and mortar stores. Just my opinion but I think their value is less that MSRP.

takmaster

FNG
I'm in the market for a new RF for hinting similar to what you listed. Glad to hear you like your new SIG. I see cabelas.ca has the 1600BDX on sale this weekend. Was on the fence about it vs. the Ranger 1800 or Diamondback HD 2000.

OP
richyrich408

richyrich408

Lil-Rokslider
For 210 that’s a steal! I definitely would not pass on that.