Leupold BX4 10x42 VS Vortex Razor 10x42 Binoculars

thrower88

FNG
Anyone have experience with both optics? is it worth stepping up to the Vortex Razors over the Leupold BX4 Pro Guides? currently running the Diamondback classics.
Thanks,

COelk89

FNG
No experience with the Vortex razor binos but I have never been impressed with the Razor spotting scopes I have looked through. I stepped up from the diamondbacks to BX4's about 6 years ago and they have been good glass for me, 120% better than the Diamondbacks. The diamondbacks hurt my head to look through now.

Personally I don't buy vortex any more. I bought a pair of leupold BX4s for my Dads birthday for 399 at Midway and they were on sale there before Christmas at 349.99. You can find them on ebay for under $400....If you are going to step up from BX4 look at the BX5, though I can't say I noticed a ton of difference from my BX4's when I looked through my buddies.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Diamondback glass sucks rocks compared to Razor HD and UHD. Razor binos are a very good bino, especially at a used price.

Spotters are a bad thing to compare to binos for lots of reasons. Vortex spotters in anything but Razor are really bad. I don’t like any Vortex spotter, but I haven’t seen any recent models. Spotters need alpha glass to be more useful than a Razor UHD 18x bino.

I don’t know anything about Leupold binos, but it entirely depends on your use if they are good enough for you.

Generally, if you are stepping up in “class” generally by money you are getting better glass. You can’t get something for nothing. A $600 msrp bino is not going to be as good as a $1200 bino.

I was in the same boat a couple years ago. I ended up getting a pair of Tract binos. To me, they were noticeably better than the BX-4, optically, for just a little more money.

And the single bridge design worked WAYYYY better using the Outdoorsmans bino system. This was one of the main reasons I wanted to move away from the BX-4's, to be honest.

Agross

WKR
Between those two, I would go vortex razor. You can find em barely used on here for around $600, sometimes less. I had a pair of the bx4 very briefly, didn’t care for them. And there’s always the vortex warranty even if buying used.

I personally don't see a huge advantage in the price difference between razors and BX4. The BX4s are noticably better than vipers to my eye for binos that carry a similar street price. I should also note though that the BX4s are the most expensive binos I've owned so I'm far from a glass connoisseur

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
Cabelas has the razors in 10x42 for $700 right now, hard to beat at that price point

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I personally don't see a huge advantage in the price difference between razors and BX4. The BX4s are noticably better than vipers to my eye for binos that carry a similar street price. I should also note though that the BX4s are the most expensive binos I've owned so I'm far from a glass connoisseur
Did you mean to say Vipers, cause they are worse than the Razors.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
Vortex Razor HD binoculars are an outstanding value in $600-700 range. I have compared them to several Zeiss, Swarovski, and other Vortex models, but not Leupold.

grfox92

WKR
If the BX 4 binos are comparable glass to the BX4 spotter I would pass. The spotter is good at 20x and Tasco quality at 60x.

I've looked through BX4 binoculars one time and can tell you my C1 Mavens are without question better glass.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

JGRaider

WKR
I bought the Razor HD's from Cabelas for $599 with their special Monday promotion and the discounted price. Spent a week hunting whitetails in the TX Panhandle with them, and my buddy has had the the BX4 for a couple of years and he was there hunting as well. The Razor HD is sharper, smoother, and has a much wider FOV than the BX4.

Deadfall

WKR
Bx4 and razor are not same quality glass.
Bx5 and razor are same level glass. Bx5 all day.

Wouldn't give 10 cents for anything from vortex.

JGRaider

WKR
The BX5 is a solid $500 bino, that's about it. Very little difference in it and the BX4

I didn’t compare my leupold bx4 to razors. I instead compared them to:

1. Vortex viper
2. Zeiss Terra
3. Monarch 7s
4. Older swarvoskis habiichi (or however you spell it).

It was a hard comparison and struggled picking a winner but the vipers weren’t chosen at all.

The swarvoskis were smaller diameter so their light gathering wasn’t as good IMO but were clear.

I ultimately decided to keep the zeiss and the leupolds but traded both away because I went with some 10x zeiss and some swarvoski 8x eventually.

I’d like to get some of the Razors in my hands. But I think the bx4 is more along the viper line than the razor line.