Leupold Mark5HD 3.6-18x44 Just Ordered

I just ordered a Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 for my 7mm STW Remington 700 Sendero.

I hope I made a good choice for a quality optic with reliable tracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very reliable tracking and RTZ for me so far. I probably have 500 rounds of centerfire on my 3.6-18 and then I tested it with probably 1500-2k .22 through my Vudoo.

I don't think it handles heat mirage very well, but thats about the only downside I have figured out.

Justin91

FNG
I just got mine a few days ago and am very happy with the turrets, and how durable it is. You won't be disappointed. The power range and size fit my needs perfectly

Justin91

FNG
Haha sorry, how durable if feels compared to all the other scopes I have used that feel cheap and don't last or track true i havent had time to test it on an extensive hunt yet but from first impressions I am very happy

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
How bout some LR hybrid rings to fit your favorites😂😂😂. I know I know, contact Long Range Customs, I do but they’re always out

Chris has some more rings coming right now! Also, if you're running a Tikka we have a provider with some Tikka Long Range Hybrids in 35mm too.

OP
General RE LEE
I am still running the Mark 5HD. It is an excellent, reliable LR optic.

Here is my full review:

Matt

How does the FFP look for close range in low light? Serviceable or will I need to illuminate the reticle?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Matt

How does the FFP look for close range in low light? Serviceable or will I need to illuminate the reticle?

The reticle is really good for an FFP, but pretty thin for really low light at 3.6x.

5x is a good spot.

I didn’t ever feel like I needed illumination.

OP
General RE LEE
The reticle is really good for an FFP, but pretty thin for really low light at 3.6x.

5x is a good spot.

I didn’t ever feel like I needed illumination.

Thank you I mounted scope yesterday. Beautiful optic. Yes reticle is thin at 3.6 but I’ll probably keep it at 5x for low light.

Mounted on my 7mm STW Remington Sendero.

311b26b4c49633cd16a7b231a63dd8a5.jpg

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
I've got one of each size and love them all for each application. The newest just got mounted on a Terminus Apollo Lite, Proof carbon 22", XLR magnesium chassis, Gunwerks 6IX suppressed 6.5 PRC setup. The Mark5 3.6-18 feels like the perfect match for this build.

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve posted this before but I have well over 10,000 rounds on my 3.6-18. For the past two match/hunting seasons it was my only scope and I bounced it back and forth between my match and hunting rifles. 6.5 creed, 6x47, 6 BRX AND 6.5 PRC. At one point I had my 20 lb match rifle rested on my practice barricade in the garage. Embarrassingly I left it unattended balancing on the bag 4’ off the ground. It wasn’t quite balanced right and fell backwards right onto the scope on the concrete floor. That was well over a year ago and it has never missed dialed or failed to RTZ.

I’m not saying they’re all perfect but I‘d trust mine with my life.

I recently picked up a 5-25 and some badass hawkins rings for both scopes. The 3.6-18 now stays on the hunting rifle and the 5-25 is on the match rifle.
E958602E-9C83-442C-8477-D2D315017574.jpeg

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve posted this before but I have well over 10,000 rounds on my 3.6-18. For the past two match/hunting seasons it was my only scope and I bounced it back and forth between my match and hunting rifles. 6.5 creed, 6x47, 6 BRX AND 6.5 PRC. At one point I had my 20 lb match rifle rested on my practice barricade in the garage. Embarrassingly I left it unattended balancing on the bag 4’ off the ground. It wasn’t quite balanced right and fell backwards right onto the scope on the concrete floor. That was well over a year ago and it has never missed dialed or failed to RTZ.

I’m not saying they’re all perfect but I‘d trust mine with my life.

I recently picked up a 5-25 and some badass hawkins rings for both scopes. The 3.6-18 now stays on the hunting rifle and the 5-25 is on the match rifle.
View attachment 210896

Love it! Looks great.

OP
General RE LEE
I’ve got a Tikka T3 in 6.5 Creedmoor on the way. I’m considering putting the Mark 5HD on the Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor and putting a VX5HD on the 7MM STW.

I’d like to use the Mark5 on the Tikka 6.5 cause I can use its bright optics and illuminated reticle in the woods and over the bean fields.