Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

swampokie

WKR
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
The scope he recieved is the same scope that is clearly displayed in this thread. He contacted me with a lowball offer long after i originally posted this thread. We met in the middle with an agreed price. He never asked me one question other than price about the scope. He bought exactly what he saw and I’m sorry if he second guessed the
Decision. I have done many many sales and purchases on this fine forum and I can’t remember a complaint and never had to put up with the crap I’ve read from this member. When I’m wrong I stand up and say so but this ain’t one of those times. If fellow members think I deceived him I’m sorry but he bought what he saw with no questions asked and I’m not obligated to return a penny. Period.

gonzaga

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a scope from swampokie also. Scope was ripped off during shipment and he refunded my money immediately.

OP
S

swampokie

WKR
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
Lots of drama. Sounds like you paid with PayPal. Just file a dispute if you have to. Seller provided lots of pics. That’s a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep lots of pix and they are all clear as a whistle and exactly what the member purchased and received. Read some of his comments of negativity on peoples posts that are totally unprovoked and unnecessary. I never heard of him before he contacted me and didn’t look up his posting history until things got strange. Oh well I’m done explaining. There are a lot of folks on here that I’ve done business with and 99% are fantastic people. I hope at least most of them think I’m ok as well. Thanks

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
That scope is far from like new.
If you were honest you wouldn't of described that as like new. I would of trusted your description and not asked for more pics either.
And for you to just say he got what he paid for is a crock of shit.
You should take the scope back and refund his money. It was not as described and you know it.
Man the F up

Trr15

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yeah, this is pretty shady dealing. Swampokie - justify it in your own mind however you like, but I certainly won’t ever do business with you. The pics don’t capture the wear and tear and you clearly indicated the scope was like new. That’s a flat out lie.

CorbLand

WKR
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If that is your definition of “like new” I have an old ruger 10/22 that definitely wasn’t a truck gun for 10 years. It’s mint and I will give you a hell of a deal on it.

For as much as you seem to value the hundreds of deals you have done here, can’t say I would have pissed the reputation away for this. Give the dude his money back and move on.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not like new... I’d be pissed if I got it and it looked like that. Say “ Like new” out loud and think about the meaning. To most people it means it looks and functions like a new one but used. So no wear and tear, blemishes, etc. Quit trying to justify this on your end. He shouldn’t have to verify what your ad says is true by asking more questions....

Rob5589

WKR
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
How exactly do you not say in the ad that the rings have stripped out screws? And that it will be the purchasers responsibility to remove them? That is pure deception.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The whole “he didn’t ask additional questions, it’s his fault” is rather out of touch IMO. Why should he have to if it’s stated “like new”? This forum is great and we should be able to trust what is stated not have to play 20 questions to get the full story from sellers.

Count me out...

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
Dispute with PP. That scope doesn't look anything "like new." And sending it with a stripped out scope ring, never mentioned in the ad, is poor form.
I would but I was trusting him and his Like New description and did F&F. So shame on me for several things on this deal.

JGTWI

WKR
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yeah I have to agree with the posts above. This kind of shady selling activity certainly sucks for the others on this site who do deal in good faith.

Like the buyer, I tend to be an inherently trustworthy person, and I’d bet that most on this forum are the same. But it’s getting to the point where maybe you should not give people the benefit of the doubt any more.

Those pictures were clearly deceptive, and that scope is nowhere close to like-new. To blame it on the buyer negotiating down the price, which they both agreed on, is absolute nonsense. And to risk your reputation on this site over a $200 return is just strange.

Buyer definitely could have been nicer in his correspondence, but still should not affect his return. Hope it can be worked out.

sndmn11

WKR
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
"Like New" essentially means you opened the box and can't remember where you put it, but the item never was used...because used isn't new.

It doesn't mean broken, it doesn't mean dirty and scratched, it doesn't mean you accepted a lower price than had been asked so you get to eff it up a little to devalue.

Send the guy back his money.

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
From how I read everything from his responses is he left the stripped ring on and no refund as my punishment for offering lower than his asking price. If he didn’t want lower than asking he shouldn’t have came up with the $215.

vanniek71

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So seller said you lowballed.... but the price in the thread was $225, you offered $200.... doesn’t seem like a lowball to me?

Then the lens scratches, stripped screw that wasn’t mentioned etc....

This was totally whether seller thinks so or not. Sounds like he wants to die on that rock though unfortunately.

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
And another thing that didn’t sit well with me after he was going to refund my money and I’d return the scope is how he wasn’t go to pay me anything until he got his scope and stripped out scope ring. Even though he was the deceptive one I was still willing to do that at again my own risk.

MoeJoe517

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole “he didn’t ask additional questions, it’s his fault” is rather out of touch IMO. Why should he have to if it’s stated “like new”? This forum is great and we should be able to trust what is stated not have to play 20 questions to get the full story from sellers.

Count me out...
Agree with this. Full disclosure is the responsible stance. Blaming the buyer for not asking the right questions when the item is listed as "Like New" is deceptive no matter how you justify it in your own mind. Honestly, it says a lot about a person that can even respond that way and think that is ok.

OP
S

swampokie

WKR
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
Yeah, this is pretty shady dealing. Swampokie - justify it in your own mind however you like, but I certainly won’t ever do business with you. The pics don’t capture the wear and tear and you clearly indicated the scope was like new. That’s a flat out lie.
How’s this shady? He offered 200$ I said no I’ll take 215$ and he said I’ll take it. He never asked one detail or wanted more than the half dozen or so pix I posted on open thread. Guess he
Forgot to mention the rings were not a part of the deal. I wouldn’t know because he’s ignored now.
That scope is far from like new.
If you were honest you wouldn't of described that as like new. I would of trusted your description and not asked for more pics either.
And for you to just say he got what he paid for is a crock of shit.
You should take the scope back and refund his money. It was not as described and you know it.
Man the F up
Ok yeah I’m deficient in the manhood category I think we’ve clearly stated that. The fact remains that the buyer bought
And received exactly what he saw and wanted in the pictures that I posted in the for
Sale add. I reserved the right to refuse return of
The purchased item and I’m exercising that right and it’s totally my call. No one else’s. The buyer got an extra ring with the scope and a small “ smudge” that he didn’t want and I’m really sorry for that but the rude responses and the bullshit smearing of my decent reputation is totally uncalled for and as long as
This transaction is being debated on the keyboard I’m not getting a fair presentation of
The facts. Kind of a lose lose situation. So I’m done trying to defend what I shouldn’t have to.

Read1t48

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Like new” means just that. There’s no need to ask a bunch of questions if the buyer is looking for a scope in ‘like new’ condition. The negotiation of a lower price has nothing to do with the quality when it’s advertised this way.

To the seller:
If you value this forum, your Rokslide reputation, and intend to sell in the future, you should refund the buyer his money. You’ve received enough feedback from this thread to understand that most buyers would be dissatisfied with the transaction and implicate you as being deceitful. It sounds like your past transactions have all been positive. Do it here, too! Unintentional mistakes are bound to happen. It’s how they’re handled that make the difference. Did you read the post about the example where a buyer was dissatisfied with the apparent delamination of the product received? That seller refunded the money. That’s the the Rokslide difference, organically created through each post and every transaction. How you resolve this situation, regardless of “who” is ultimately right, affects the whole community. So represent us well!

Status
Not open for further replies.