Leupold TBR 1600 vs Garmin Xero

Zac

I mis-ranged a deer by 14 yards with my Sig Kilo 850. Ended up shooting him low in the shoulder and wasn't able to recover him. The Sig is only 4x and has a circle which makes precise ranging in brush difficult. I am trying to decide on the Leupold TBR 1600 or the Garmin Xero, would be interested in opinions or other systems?

Blockcaver

Leupold 1600i TBR is a great archery rangefinder in my experience paired with a slider (I like 5 pins, others like 3 or 1). It gives you instant angle corrected yardage either in single shot or scan mode. 7x and decent optics. Not as sharp as a Leica but the programming is much better for spot and stalk bowhunting.

You can’t enter a critter in P&Y if you use a bow mounted rangefinder/sight. May or may not affect your decision on what to buy, just putting it out there.

Reactions: Zac

Beendare

I can't speak to the Garmin...but I've had that Leopold unit for about 6 years and its been bulletproof

the OLED is worth the extra $$$ over the cheaper black displays, IMO...as there are a lot of low light situations for shots with a bow.

Burninpowder

Speaking on separate rangefinder than sight the Leupold is very accurate. We use it a lot in our archery tournaments due to the inaccurate readings we get from other brands on black targets.

OP
Z

Zac

Thanks for the replies, trying to figure out an entire range finding set up, I wanted to use the Adak but I have Leupold 10x50s that won't fit. Maybe Sitka's new harness will work.

CBECK61

Had the same issue several years ago with a few different rangefinders which sent me on a quest to find the best. I had a old Leupold 1000TBR and it was by far the best in that price range but ended up with a Leica and will never go back. Just my 2 cents

OP
Z

Zac

Yeah I have been looking at the Leica range finding binos. Not sure what I'll end up with, I just experienced a major cluster trying to hold on to my hinge and my range finder at the same time 🤦