Leupold VX5 HD or Zeiss Conquest V4?

I’m interested in this as well. I have the V4 on my Sako S20 in 6.5 PRC but haven’t done much shooting with it yet. I’m putting together a 7 PRC and will be scope shopping soon enough. Seriously considering the lighter VX5 HD over some of the heavier Nightforce options.

Both are great scopes. The VX5HD limits you to two turret rotations so I think 37 MOA. Zeiss Conquest V4 has no limit so if you're wanting to shoot 1K +, the Zeiss may be the better option.

Lan3

FNG
I’ve been eyeing the 3-15x44 vx5 for a 300prc on its way to my ffl. But also eyeing the 3-18x44 vx6…..debating if the extra $ is worth it. Hard to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 VX5’s. They work great. Very simplistic and repeatable. I had a VX6 that pooped the bed and ruined a hunt. I’ve since had Leupold fix it and sold it off. I think I may have been unlucky. The VX6 was awesome but lost zero just from driving to and from the range. That makes me think something was loose. (Not my mount but in the scope) I’m now looking at the Credo HX for my 7prc that’s coming. I replaced the VX6 on my 300wm with a Nightforce nx8. It’s a nice scope but not as easy to get behind as the VX6. In hindsight, I should’ve tested out the VX6 before I sold it, but lost all faith. I don’t get to hunt much so I need a solid scope.

I have 2 VX5’s. They work great. Very simplistic and repeatable. I had a VX6 that pooped the bed and ruined a hunt. I’ve since had Leupold fix it and sold it off. I think I may have been unlucky. The VX6 was awesome but lost zero just from driving to and from the range. That makes me think something was loose. (Not my mount but in the scope) I’m now looking at the Credo HX for my 7prc that’s coming. I replaced the VX6 on my 300wm with a Nightforce nx8. It’s a nice scope but not as easy to get behind as the VX6. In hindsight, I should’ve tested out the VX6 before I sold it, but lost all faith. I don’t get to hunt much so I need a solid scope.
I’ve heard nothing but great things about the Credo HX. I think I’m going to put one on my 6.5 PRC and if it goes well I’ll get another for the 7 PRC build I’m working on. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

crich

WKR
I’ve heard nothing but great things about the Credo HX. I think I’m going to put one on my 6.5 PRC and if it goes well I’ll get another for the 7 PRC build I’m working on. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
MRAD posted in the classifieds just a few min ago.

Looking to upgrade, thoughts on which is better choice. Standard plex reticle, figuring 3-4 - 14-15X 44mm objective.

I Personally have 2 VX5-HDs and really like them for the weight. No reliability issues or tracking problems out to 800. That said Ive never beat it with a mallet and checked zero. It does bounce around on a wheeler for moose hunts and ride in the bed of the truck up the haul road with no problems. I looked through a zeiss at Cabelas and prefer that eyebox and sight picture more but thats the only experience I have.

toddrod

FNG
I like my vx5 HD in 3-15x44 I have the firedot. It’s been reliable. I have hunted with it in all kinds of weather from plus 30 to -30 Celsius. Still holds zero. I shot a coyote at 320 yards at the last minute of shooting light and could see it just fine.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
I have heard alot of good things about the VX5 HD. I recently talked to an experienced full time optics technician and competitive shooter who does custom reticle work on Leupolds and he said he has was very impressed with this model.

I just purchased the VX5HD 3-15x56, and compared beside my Victory HT 3-12x56. I will say I was impressed with the low light abilities of the VX5HD. But, I am stuck deciding between the V4 and VX5HD for my smokeless right now myself.

SloppyJ

WKR
I went with the Zeiss v4 4x16x50. I run NX8s on my other rifles and I've always wanted to try one so I picked one up. Haven't received it yet but with all of the Leupold horror stories, I wanted to stay away.

Lan3

FNG
I have a vx6 being delivered tomorrow, I was torn between that and the vx5, ended up spending the extra on the vx6 for the flip caps, firedot and extra 3x. Plus I didn’t want to have buyers remorse, I’ll get that way if I don’t just “do it”. Should be a good pair on my Seekins element I just got.

One thing I wish Leupold would do with their reticle options, they need to offer the non illuminated TMOA reticle in the 3-15x44 VX5HD. None of their 3-15s have a reticle that allows for a simple hold over vs having to dial.

Lan3

FNG
One thing I wish Leupold would do with their reticle options, they need to offer the non illuminated TMOA reticle in the 3-15x44 VX5HD. None of their 3-15s have a reticle that allows for a simple hold over vs having to dial.

I went with the duplex since it was $200 less than the Tmoa, but the tmoa would have been nice for wind holds. But I’m new to dialing, so duplex will be good to learn with, and majority of my shots hunting will be sub 300yds, so no dialing. But sometimes I see deer across a field where I’ll dial once I am comfortable with those shots. But I agree, I have a brh reticle on a swaro and I love it for quick holds. If a deer is at 300, it helps.

I’ve had the vx-5 3-15x44 on my .300wm for 3 years now and 0 complaints. Holds a zero through the recoil of no brake or suppressor and through the rigors of hunting.

The cds turret is dead nuts out to 450. Out past that it’s off a click or 2 per hundred yards, which is pretty understandable in my opinion. It only took me a little bit of time shooting steel to figure out how many clicks it was off at different yardages and I made a cheat sheet dope card that’s taped to the stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and they are nice. I personally prefer the VX5 by a hair over the V4. I like the simpler reticle (windplex) for hunting plus it's a bit more compact (turret height).