LH Hunting/PRS 6.5 PRC Custom Build. Opinions?

THELAF

FNG
Hello All,

New member, but have done a lot of research with ole Google & everyone here seems fairly knowledgeable & helpful. I'm here for opinions & experience as indirect online research can only take one so far.

I'm looking to replace my "LR/Hunting" rifle, a Weatherby 300Win I built in ~08 with something more modern, doesn't beat me up quite so bad, & is suppressor compatible.
Primarily a hunting rifle in MT, but I want to shoot enough off season to be comfortable with 5-600 yards shots on deer & 1200+ on steel, not serious competition, but the more you shoot in them the more you learn.

As a baseline, if I was RH I'd go with a Seekins Havak Hit Pro in 6.5 PRC, although it's on the heavy side for a hunting rifle.

As it is, I'm looking at a custom build. I was going for "ultralight mountain rifle" that I could add weights to for off season.. But as with everything, certain features are worth the weight penalty.

Here's my proposed build:

Terminus Zeus LH SA QC Action
22" Proof Carbon bbl *QC Prefit - 6.5 PRC
MDT HNT26 Chassis
Trigger tech Diamond Trigger
Nightforce ATACR 4-20x50 F1
Badger C1 Optic Mount
HuxWrx 762TI Suppressor (existing)

The biggest weight penalties are the action, glass, & suppressor, but the above should still come out to ~10.4lbs unloaded

The Zeus is on order & suppressor is on another rifle, everything else in between is pretty flexible.

The QC action idea was so I could swap barrels to a m24 steel to save the carbon off season & swap to 300WSM later if I was looking for a moose.

Glass is tough, I just looked through a bunch today Including the Razor LHT 4.5-22X50, NX8 4-32X50 F1, ATACR 5-25x56 F1, & Kahle 525i (for optical comparison, too high of a base mag)
Read a lot of great things but worry about the turrets on the LHT & eyebox on the NX8. The ATACR & Kahle looked amazing, although idk if my eyes can see the difference in the glass, especially indoors. I was thinking of staying NF for the Mil-XT reticle.

Sorry for the book, please let me know what you think.

sambo3006

FNG
Seems like overkill on the scope. You could shave some weight with a smaller, lower power one. 10+ pounds is pretty heavy to pack around for 600 yards max shots on deer. I like the cartridge choice. I would want a stock that lends itself to ease of use for the occasional quick offhand shot that might present itself. I have not used that chassis, so I don't know how it would perform in that role. Just my two cents. Have fun with your build!

OP
T

THELAF

FNG
Seems like overkill on the scope. You could shave some weight with a smaller, lower power one. 10+ pounds is pretty heavy to pack around for 600 yards max shots on deer. I like the cartridge choice. I would want a stock that lends itself to ease of use for the occasional quick offhand shot that might present itself. I have not used that chassis, so I don't know how it would perform in that role. Just my two cents. Have fun with your build!
Thanks, I really appreciate it.
People can get magnum-itis in a few ways, I learned I don't need a 300, but haven't had too much scope yet. I'll look into some lower options.