Light Rubber Boot

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
This may not be in the Rokslide wheelhouse necessarily but curious if anyone has opinions.

What’s your favorite / best lightweight rubber boots?

I have some LaCrosse, I think called agility. They are too loose for my feet even though I ordered my size. Or they slide around/off too easy. I have some Alpha Burley pro that are perfectly sized, maybe even a little too small for an extra pair of socks. I’d prefer things the other way.

I’m wondering if a very lightweight rubber hunting boot exists that doesn’t get too hot and is somewhat comfortable to walk a ways in. Mostly waterfowl or deer hunting, or just messing around boot.

TSAMP

WKR
Liteboots

Or LBC - Leon ultralight boots company. I have these. They're made from EVA foam and come with a removeable liner for cold weather. They're basically throw away after a year but they're only around 70 bucks. Sticks can come through them but they seal back up fine for me. Been using them a few years now.

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
Might try a pair of Lacrosse Grange, they are my light weight non insulated option and fit well.

maya

FNG
Extra Tuff deck boots. Tall enough for moderate muck. I have the full size boots for deep stuff. The deck boots are my go to, for daily wear around the property, sailing, hiking, hunting, etc. Lightweight & comfy.

Attachments

• th-2870305632.jpg
    th-2870305632.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 20

TBarron

WKR
How's the traction on these, specifically in snow?

It’s 112 degrees down here in Texas so your going to have to count on someone else for that review, but they’ve got good traction in the mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SloppyJ

WKR
My favorite lite boots are the lacrosse arrowheads. I'll be wearing mine here come dove season in a couple weeks.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I live in knee high rubber boots almost 6mos out of the year. I prefer the LaCrosse Grange. I know the owner of Lite Boots well, it's a great product and he's a good dude, but I haven't gotten used to them yet. Great concept and idea. They don't hold moisture, you can dry them out with a towel or rag and they are super lite. I feel more agile in the LaCrosses.

OP
M

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
I'm definitely intrigued by the Liteboots. My dad has worn the LaCrosse Grange for probably 40 years, I know them well. They are a bit heavier than I'm shooting for. I do want something that is reasonably high to handle mud and a few inches of water.

deadwolf

WKR
Extra Tuff deck boots. Tall enough for moderate muck. I have the full size boots for deep stuff. The deck boots are my go to, for daily wear around the property, sailing, hiking, hunting, etc. Lightweight & comfy.

Sorry, it I wouldnt advise the Xtratuff deck boots after having blown out three pairs in short
4260e4fd89e79ebcdeb71472d369ae58.jpg

order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maya

FNG
I blew out one extra tuff boot like that too. But to be fair I was digging holes for concrete footings everyday for a week & stomping on a shovel with that foot. Also kneeling a lot & constantly bending that toe. The other 2 pairs have held up fine being worn daily for a few seasons.

I wouldn’t go the extra tough route. Lots of guys use them up here on the fishing boats and for just all around Alaska stuff. But they have gone down hill the last few years since they started making them slippers and selling them to hipsters. I have some Grundens I really like and they hold up. Lots of guys have the La Cross boots and seem to really like them. If I was going to hunt outta rubber boots I’d look into them. Then again I either hunt with a solid hunting boot like Crispi or if i’m gonna be in that much water i’m wearing waders or hip boots.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I received a pair of Lite boots yesterday that I ordered out of curiosity after seeing this thread. They are light. I wore them walking to check fences, feed stock, and fill water troughs yesterday. Little to no arch support but it wasn't an issue for the mile or so I walked in them yesterday. Later I put a pair of Superfeet carbon insoles in them and it was pretty good on the support. I'll wear them at least a few times during the upcoming season to evaluate. Most of my hunting is mountainsides with a hike up on the way in, either stand or still hunting, and then a hike down on the way out. Usually there are several streams or runoffs I need to cross and rubber boots are nice. Most rubber boots suck in regard to support and traction, thought some of the heavier lugged bottoms work.

Some folks have asked about lower topped rubber boots. I used the following for several hunts. Fairly light, good traction, and decent support: