Light Weight Scope Help - Dependable Elevation Dialing

Keep in mind if you’re a mil guy their turrets adjust in moa, even on the mil-dot reticle.

Also, when I spoke to Kenton about replacing my cap with an exposed turret on my 2.5-12.5, he said I’d essentially just be running my turret just as if it was uncapped so I didn’t see much value in it.
They still make a scope on which the erector doesn't jive with the reticle? I mistakenly thought those days were over. Years back I spent many hours and many hundreds of rounds with scopes so equiped.

While its certainly not as nice as having mil/mil, different measuring systems on the same scope can be worked with, even if it's a bit of a fools errand while multiple better options are readily available. One option is to use the reticle as a BDC, on which you have previously confirmed the yardages that correspond with the reticle graduations. Likewise, you can a piece of tape on the turret and mark of different yardages.

TxLite

WKR
They still make a scope on which the erector doesn't jive with the reticle? I mistakenly thought those days were over. Years back I spent many hours and many hundreds of rounds with scopes so equiped.
Unfortunately, yes. Switching back and forth would break my brain so basically stuck with bdc holdovers like you mentioned. No moa reticle either, so you can’t even get a matching system. Basically stuck with triangle, duplex, or mil dot.

4215C43E-AB86-4406-B5BE-937602F58FB2.png

Unfortunately, yes. Switching back and forth would break my brain so basically stuck with bdc holdovers like you mentioned. No moa reticle either, so you can’t even get a matching system. Basically stuck with triangle, duplex, or mil dot.

View attachment 595430
I'll be darned. MOA turrets and Mil-dot reticle is how I started in long range shooting. Used scopes so equiped for years. It worked.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
I have both figured out.

Any chance you could share how you created a zero stop on the 3-9? I know there used to be shims available on Ebay but haven’t seen them recently. Hoping my 3-9 backorder is filled soon and would love to know there’s a simple way to make a zero stop for it.

sndmn11

WKR

Loper

WKR
Keep in mind if you’re a mil guy their turrets adjust in moa, even on the mil-dot reticle.

Also, when I spoke to Kenton about replacing my cap with an exposed turret on my 2.5-12.5, he said I’d essentially just be running my turret just as if it was uncapped so I didn’t see much value in it.

I think at one time the MIL reticle dialed in MOA or they had it incorrectly labeled as such. I was looking at a thread about these scopes from a few years ago and this issue was being discussed. A fellow Rokslider, brsnow, emailed Trijicon and then posted up what they responded with it’s on page 2 of this thread.

“Thank you for your patronage of Trijicon® products and for your inquiry. I additionally apologize for the delay in getting back to you on this. Our Product Manager has confirmed that the reticle diagram on the website is incorrect. It is a MIL reticle and the numbers on the diagram are correct. They are incorrectly shown as being MOA. They are actually in MIL. We will update the reticle diagram on the website as soon as we can.”

TxLite

WKR
I think at one time the MIL reticle dialed in MOA or they had it incorrectly labeled as such. I was looking at a thread about these scopes from a few years ago and this issue was being discussed. A fellow Rokslider, brsnow, emailed Trijicon and then posted up what they responded with it’s on page 2 of this thread.

“Thank you for your patronage of Trijicon® products and for your inquiry. I additionally apologize for the delay in getting back to you on this. Our Product Manager has confirmed that the reticle diagram on the website is incorrect. It is a MIL reticle and the numbers on the diagram are correct. They are incorrectly shown as being MOA. They are actually in MIL. We will update the reticle diagram on the website as soon as we can.”
It sounds like they are discussing the subtensions in the reticle being mislabeled as MOA when they were actually mil, and not referring to the erector making adjustments in mil. I could be misreading though. I know my 2.5-12.5 is mil/mil

If you take a fat poop before you take off from the truck your legs won't notice the extra weight of a heavier scope.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk