Lightest Tent with floor and stove

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm looking for the lightest tent that has a floor and will accept a stove. Looking for a tent for 2 guys under 6'

i don't know anything about tents and I'm not having a ton of success on Google, what would be some good brands to start researching
thanks

Anello

Lil-Rokslider
Good question. If you are wanting light, you might need to settle for a teepee or a sawtooth. We used a sawtooth and stove this last season and it was killer. Tyvek sheets or a footprint from another tent would help on the floor. I would strongly recommend floorless if you are wanting to save weight -- and you will not regret it. Lots of good posts on the topic here.

OP
T

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
My hunting partner worries about little critters,..... That's where the floor comes in

4ester

WKR
Yeah, you dont want a stove in a floored tent. Gonna be swiss cheese after a few trips.

Tyvek Ground Sheet is all you need.

Obviously the less material used, the lighter the tent (given the same material). So you need to decide how big of a tent fits your needs.

Dyneema is the lightest option, but at one time using a stove was not recommended due to low melting point of that material.

Anello

Lil-Rokslider
Ha!

The advice is good, though. You would be surprised how unnecessary those concerns are. I had the same thoughts before I went floorless as I could not imagine the ants, bugs, and or mice NOT being an issue. But, they weren't. Rain wasn't an issue, and neither was snow. You can trust the advice you see from folks on here that recommend floorless.

OP
T

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
Ok theese nests are sweet, they look fairly universal, or could easily be adapted.... Any other top name suggestions for stoves and tipi/floorless tents. We would like to use trekng poles for supports

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Most trekking pole supported tents will either be two pole versions, or tents less than 6 feet tall using linked poles. Personally, I use the Cimarron with a full nest as a car camping , campground sort of setup. I have also used the combo in buggy areas such as the BWCA . Most backpacking and in the west I dont use the nest . I do find campgrounds etc seem to be prone to a lot more critters and stuff.

WKR
forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm looking for the lightest tent that has a floor and will accept a stove. Looking for a tent for 2 guys under 6'

i don't know anything about tents and I'm not having a ton of success on Google, what would be some good brands to start researching
thanks
If you know so little about this type of gear, and also lack backcountry experience, you're not in a good position to try to "go ultralight".