Lightweight, not $1.5k Tikka chassis options?

I have 2/3 tikkas in custom stocks. Ive never used a chassis but it seems interesting, and for #3 I think I want to give it a shot.

At first glance, I see MDT and the other competitor to that(that I can’t think of at this moment). It seems to get them spec’d reasonably light they want over a grand.

Are there any lighter weight options(400-600 or in that vicinity) that don’t weigh 4lbs for the tikka? I don’t think I need a folder. Any other advice for a chassis noob?

Thanks.

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to beat the Krg Bravo for what you are describing. Could also look at the Krg Echo. They aren’t the lightest but definitely aren’t the heaviest either. I have no problem carrying mine in the mountains

Macintosh

WKR
Bravo is just over 3lb. If that’s a chassis. What about an xlr element? Their website is really confusing to me, but it looks like that would put you about 2 1/2 pounds.

matthewmt

WKR
Does MDT make a field stock for tikka?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think when it comes out later this summer the krg echo will be as close as you can get. it should be maybe half pounder lighter than the bravo since its factory mags vs aics. even the sa hnt 26 is the same weight (30oz )as the oem stock by the time you add spacers and mag for a normal lop you're not gaining much spending 1400+. the la tikka is even worse bc you are forced to use a 7 oz metal mag. I dont think xlr are any better. I really like the bravo ergos it's just heavy but i have a 20 in barrel and 20 oz scope to try to lighten it up. Im at 9lbs 5oz with this setup.