Lightweight pants suggestions

I'm a fan of the Sitka ascents if your looking for camo. They outlasted my kuiu pants 3to1.

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
The Kuiu Katana pants are pretty sweet. Not as light as the Tiburons but tougher. I have had bad luck with the Eddie Bauer guide pants and the stitching blowing out. Great material and quick drying but they literally come apart at the seams.
I love the tiburons for early to mid archery season I the high country. With a breeze they are chilly. How are the katana in warmer weather

ChrisAU

WKR
Big fan of Kutana's for their durability vs Tiburons for hot weather. Just ordered a pair of Skre Uinta's to try too.

Timber310

FNG
I have the XKG. They are hard to beat for the price I paid on Camofire. They seem to be running them on sale there about once a week for about $68 a pair.

I love the tiburons for early to mid archery season I the high country. With a breeze they are chilly. How are the katana in warmer weather

I hunt Northern Washington/Idaho and spend my summers in Alaska commercial fishing so I don't experience the true "hot" period of the year. I use the Katanas all year long, from the August bear opener to the late muzzy season in November with some long johns. The side zips and pocket zips give the Katana pants a leg up on the Sitka ascent pants in my opinion in hot weather but its all personal preference IMHO.

CR78

FNG
Big fan of Kutana's for their durability vs Tiburons for hot weather. Just ordered a pair of Skre Uinta's to try too.
Bumping an old thread here; Chris, I'm curious to know how have the Uinta pants compared to the Kutana, especially since we're hunting (at least in part) in the same neck of the woods.

ChrisAU

WKR
Bumping an old thread here; Chris, I'm curious to know how have the Uinta pants compared to the Kutana, especially since we're hunting (at least in part) in the same neck of the woods.

The Uintas had a slimmer fit than the Kutanas, and they were a bit thicker, warmer, and heavier. Sold them and now have multiple pair of Kutanas.

Titan_Bow

WKR
God I sound like a broken record player here, but Prana Zions when purchased on clearance or sales, has got to be the best value going. I’ve tried the Costco Eddie Bauer route, and the Walmart wrangler route, and they work, but the seams are all single and at best double stitched (only in some spots). I found both to be louder material than Prana’s, and they just don’t fit me as comfortably. The Eddie Bauer and Wranglers certainly aren’t going to hold up to years of hard use. I would venture getting a season or two out other before the crotch blows out, the seams come undone, etc. would be lucky.
I have 2 pairs of Valhallas that I got on clearance. I would have been kicking my own ass had I paid full price for them. They are lightweight material and decent for warm weather hunting, but they are junk. Just like the Eddie Bauer amd Wranglers (except 3 times the MSRP), they are mostly single stitched seams, I think they might be doubled in the crotch. The newer pair I have had been through 2 seasons of occasional use, and seams are coming unstitched, there’s holes on the knees and backside, the bottom of the legs is all frayed from walking through brush. They just do not hold up. If you can find Valhallas for 40 bucks a pair or something, they aren’t horrible. But at 100 bucks, they are a total rip off.
Back to the Zions. I now have a pile of these in my closet. I wear them all year long for work, hunting, and general outdoor recreation use. They are incredibly comfortable to me. They are way better made than the previously mentioned pants. Most of the seams are double stitched, the crotch seams are triple stitched. The material is heavier than the valhallas and heavier than the Eddie Bauers I have, but they are still cool enough in warm weather. They have some venting in the crotch which is nice, and you can roll the legs up in the summer and blend right in in downtown Boulder LOL. I’ve got pairs i am still wearing that are 6-7 years old or so, have been washed literally hundreds of times, and they don’t look much different than pairs I bought a few months ago. The only issue I ever had with any of the ones I have, I had a button come off a few years ago due to getting hung up on a backpack belt. Otherwise, I’ve not had a failure or seen much of any deterioration in them.
When you find them on sale for 40, 50, even 60 bucks, they are a great value. They will last years, where many other comparable pants would likely have fallen apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd1006

WKR
Zions are awesome. They are always on a discount. I have zion shorts that are over 10 years old. The built in belt on them is great for backpacking. The pocket situation isn’t great, though.

For a one-pant back packing trip, I’m going with the Kutana if it stays warmer than 50.