Lightweight tripod (straight spotter) 6’ set up (help)

I’ve made my decision on a straight Swarovski STS HD 25-50x65. Now for a tripod set up, I was thinking of the slik carbon pro 334 with the wiser precision pan head. Any insight on this or your set ups. I also already have the quick stix from wiser, so the 3rd leg could also be an option with the trekking poles. As of now, I’m having trouble finding a light enough option to stand and glass at my height of 6’ for a tripod. I am new to this, And I would like to keep my set up fairly light. Thanks in advance

Aklint

FNG
I’m 6’2 and I can comfortably glass standing with my Promaster 525 tripod and va5 head.

OP
Jordan5452
I’m 6’2 and I can comfortably glass standing with my Promaster 525 tripod and va5 head.
What’s the weight on that, can’t find a pile of info. The website says 8 and 5/8s not sure if that’s accurate. If so that’s way to heavy

I’ve made my decision on a straight Swarovski STS HD 25-50x65. Now for a tripod set up, I was thinking of the slik carbon pro 334 with the wiser precision pan head. Any insight on this or your set ups. I also already have the quick stix from wiser, so the 3rd leg could also be an option with the trekking poles. As of now, I’m having trouble finding a light enough option to stand and glass at my height of 6’ for a tripod. I am new to this, And I would like to keep my set up fairly light. Thanks in advance
6' standing + a heavy spotter (and your STS is heavy compared to many others) does simply not allow a person to use a lightweight tripod if it's going to hold the spotter still enough to use at anything beyond 25x. Rarely do I ever use my spotters standing, but if I do, it's always near the truck pulled over on the side of a road. For that reason, my old beast of a carbon fiber tripod (Brunton brand but not sure who actually made it) does a great job. That's only if I can't position my truck to use my window mount though.

If you're dead set on getting one you can stand behind for that spotter, you'll have to go carbon fiber and the tripod will weigh at least 4 lbs. if it's any good and probably closer to 5 lbs..

I wish you luck!

I have this same spotter, I bought and tested 6 tripods side by side last year, brands included Leofoto slik and gitzo. In terms of stability, height, compactness, and least vibration the gitzo 1545T crushed them all. I’m 6’3” and can get by standing and glassing with it. Using it paired with the classic Sirui VA-5 head