Liner socks… any recommendations?

gostovp

WKR
For those that use liner socks, do you have any recommendations for a thin one? Do you prefer silk, polypropylene, wool?

JeffP_Or

WKR
Check out the Injiji line. I have used thinner polypro but find the Injiji to be way more comfortable and think with the individual toes, they keep my feet drier as well. Seem to come away with less fatigue as well. They have several different materials and styles available.
If temps are the issue, I change out my outer sock to a thinner or different thread material.

dkell

FNG
Kenetrek liners have been great for me. Temp 60s down to freezing.

yggdrasil

FNG
Like everyone else above has said, do yourself a favor and get Injinji. It may take a while to get used to how they feel but your feet will thank you. The only downside I can see to them is they can take a while to get on.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Polypropylene.......I've never had a blister on my feet in 40+ years of hunting. My feet are the one thing every year that I don't have to worry about.

eltaco

WKR
Just looked up injinji for the first time… you’re all wearing the socks with individual toes? Seems like that would drive me nuts! What’s the advantage of those over a standard sock fit liner? I don’t think I’ve ever had a tie blister before.

ELKOHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Injinji for the win. The individual toes are fantastic for keeping them separated and not chaffing. Can't tell they are toe socks once on.

I tried the injini a couple years ago and didn’t care for them. Maybe I didn’t give them long enough. I’ve been wearing liners from cabelas the past several years with good results. I bought some Kenetrek liners for this year. They’re definitely thick, maybe too think. We’ll see.

100% polypropylene, thin and move moisture without adding insulation. If I am wearing socks then I am wearing polypropylene liners 98% of the time. The Injinji toe socks have had a following for a long time…might have to try them out of curiosity. But at am totally satisfied with thin polypropylene and have been for 35+ years.

OP
gostovp

gostovp

WKR
I have a pair of Kennetrek liners and think they are way to thick. I will use them as liners for my whitetail treestand boots and ice fishing boots, but they screw up the fit of my mountain boots

I've had some Injinji before and liked them, but apparently not enough to replace them when I lost them. I've got a couple pairs of REI liners, one silk and one poly. They work pretty well. I might pick up another pair of the Injinji's though since it's been awhile.

Check out the Injiji line. I have used thinner polypro but find the Injiji to be way more comfortable and think with the individual toes, they keep my feet drier as well. Seem to come away with less fatigue as well. They have several different materials and styles available.
If temps are the issue, I change out my outer sock to a thinner or different thread material.
I'll second this

Toe socks in general are great liners. You can get toe socks that are wool too. I've been doing this for awhile

mlgc20

WKR
Just looked up injinji for the first time… you’re all wearing the socks with individual toes? Seems like that would drive me nuts! What’s the advantage of those over a standard sock fit liner? I don’t think I’ve ever had a tie blister before.
I know it seems weird. I was skeptical at first. But, I finally gave in and tried them. It did take a short hike the first time to get used to it. But, they are a game changer.

Dented

WKR
I bought a bunch of the smartwool liners. They're working out well. The injinji are great for hiking, smartwool works best for me when I'm not pushing a lot of vertical trail.