LIST: Insulated Pants with Full Zips (Fill: Synthetic and Down / Brands: Hunting and non-hunting)

dapesche

WKR
Hey everyone.

To save a lot of folks some serious website browsing time can you comment on this thread with the names of down or synthetic insulated puffy pants with full side zips from both hunting and non-hunting brands that you either know of or own.

Seems like there are so many brands and options. Once I have a list I'll plunk them into a spreadsheet and then figure out how to share the info.

Update... The list

Last edited:
Holy moly that's a steal!

I wish someone could say how packable they are and how warm they are compared to say the SG Grumman pant.

I also recommend the under armour down pants. You can usually find them on sale for around $100. I have some and they're pretty nice. Very warm.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
Trade craft pants cut wind pretty good as well as being warm and packable.

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a set and they are WARM. Very well made and can't beat that price.
I've looked through prior threads, but how packable and how heavy are they? I'm debating on grabbing a pair

edit - just grabbed a pair, only a couple left. Should be pretty easy to return if they don't work.

I've looked through prior threads, but how packable and how heavy are they? I'm debating on grabbing a pair

edit - just grabbed a pair, only a couple left. Should be pretty easy to return if they don't work.
This review has the Large at 17.7oz

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Trade craft pants cut wind pretty good as well as being warm and packable.
How is the sizing on these? Should I order standard size or size up to fit over base layer and softshell pants? Would these still fit under rain pants or too bulky?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well dang it. I'm trying to buy a pair but the website won't add it to my cart even though it acts as if it adds it when I try

How is the sizing on these? Should I order standard size or size up to fit over base layer and softshell pants? Would these still fit under rain pants or too bulky?

Im 6'1" and a 35/36" waist. I got the large size and they fit over my regular pants just fine. Not a ton of extra room but good enough. I ordered the XL at the same time and tried them both on and kept the L. the XL was just way too baggy for me.

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Im 6'1" and a 35/36" waist. I got the large size and they fit over my regular pants just fine. Not a ton of extra room but good enough. I ordered the XL at the same time and tried them both on and kept the L. the XL was just way too baggy for me.
Thank you for the response but not what I was hoping. I'm 6 ft 34/35 waist and they just sold out of size large. I'll keep an eye out for them along with what others recommend on this thread. I like the idea of synthetic over down for insulated pants just to handle the elements better without needing to throw rain pants on over.

Picked up the nomad hard frost this year for around the same price $90. Very light weight and warm, full side zips as well. My only gripe is no pockets but I’m my opinion they are pretty sweet for the money. Best wishes!

twall13

WKR
A couple more for the list as I went through this process last year. In addition to the OR tradecraft mentioned above.

Kryptek Kratos II (currently on sale with limited quantities and sizes for 75% off

Stone Glacier Grumman

First Lite Uncompahgre

Kings XKG Down Pants

Black Ovis Anchor Point

Kifaru Lost Park Puffy Pants

Western Mountaineering Flash Down Pants (no side zip that I'm aware of)

Mountain Hardware Compressor

Kuiu Super Down

Pnuma Insulator Pants

Feathered Friends Helios Down Pants

Nunatak USA Kobuk (what I went with and highly recommend, but hard to get and only during a short window can you place orders)

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

as.ks.ak

WKR
I’d add kuiu Kenai and gale force pants to the list as well.

I have the kuiu kenai, kuiu gale force, and kifaru LPP pants. They are all great and each has its different application for me. I have the gen 1 Kenai pants and probably should get rid of them as they’re the stupid 3/4 pants (supposed to land up above your gaiters). But they are so quiet, I’ve worn them on long winter stalks when I’m trying to close the gap on goats with my bow. Sometimes it takes an hour to close the final 20 yards because the snow is so damn crunchy. Having those Kenai pants on has been a God send.

But depending on your application, there are ALOT of options here. Mostly comes down to personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dented

WKR
I've got the Rab Photon pant. Good fit, well constructed, warm within reasonable limits. I wouldn't wear them through briars, but I do layer them under camo.
I've been very pleased with thier performance, that being stated, I've ordered Nunatak pants in a much heavier denier with knee/ seat secondary layers.

I'm a fan of down, but I'll be very interested to see what primaloft options come out of this list.

I was really wanting to try those tradecraft pants for a synthetic option but they're oos now. Dang. Hopefully they come up on sale again sometime