Listen and Win a Hoyt Carbon Bow

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
Third axis adjustment like many have said. Always seemed trivial to me, makes a lot more sense after listening. Good info!

warrior80

WKR
I enjoyed the podcast. Thanks for the information. The biggest thing I took away from it was about spinning your arrows with broadheads on them. Using the kitchen drawer/table. Also, the benefit of split limbs was interesting. A lot of good tips.

PRL

FNG
I’m a beginner shooter, so my takeaway from the podcast was not only the importance of a good anchor point, but what exactly a “good anchor point” actually is. I’ve probably been guilty of holding the string too close to my face such that arrow fletchings press into my cheek, etc. Now, I’ll definitely be on the lookout for that potentially problematic issue.

I was also interested to hear the comments about broad head fit on arrows and the importance of making sure broad heads fit squarely against the arrow.

Thanks very much for the great podcast and contest!

Overwire

FNG
Great podcast. My biggest takeaway would probably be using the kitchen drawer to spin test broad heads, hadn't thought of that. I liked the discussion on yoke tuning as well.

Steve and Matt gave a very informative podcast, and it re-confirmed a lot of information for me. My one take way was a better understanding of how the ZT cable guard of my 2015 Hoyt Carbon Spyder ZT 30 functions to eliminate torque.

The left side of my right-handed bow's cable yoke was drifting into my line off sight as it flexed inward (at about 10 and 4 o'clock for the peep and sight guard). The solution was to serve the yoke up another 1 1/2 inches towards the upper cam to carry the yoke out of my line of sight.

ChadS

Lil-Rokslider
There was so much info in that Podcast that I have to listen to it at least one more time. Split limbs, 3rd axis, arrow spinning, anchor points... loved all of it. Thanks guys that was huge!

MtnManZ

Lil-Rokslider
My takeaway was how Hoyt has designed their bows to combat torque. I've heard from friends how their groups tightened when shooting Hoyt's new bows. I'm jealous.

Randle

WKR
Great info on there for sure thanks Steve and Matt, Thanks for putting it together, spin testing on a drawer is a great tip

My main takeaway is the importance of proper setup, tuning, and the value of a good bow shop. I realize after listening to the podcast that I am in serious need of a bow upgrade with a perfect setup! I could definitely use a a free Hoyt.

Yoter

FNG
Lots of great info. I credit podcast for helping me learn a lot quicker. I was intrigued on cam lean, and how some lean is good. 3rd axis is is always a good topic as well.

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Hamskea 3rd axil level last week. I was very surprised at how much shimming I had to do on my Hoyt Spyder 34 (my Spott Hogg doesn't have that adjustment).

Ironman8

WKR
Good stuff. The takeaway for me was all of the bow tuning and sight axis stuff. I'm getting new strings on my bow and this will help get everything set up right. I'll definitely be reviewing this podcast again to make sure I'm doing things right.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway.

Clarktar

WKR
Whoa. That was really a good listen! I never really thought much about 3rd axis before, but now I understand it is surely something I need to pay attention to. Probably need a new sight ;)

Brendan

WKR
ArcheryTalk is the devil - that made me laugh... :D

Loved the entire discussion on Bow Torque, and I liked the initial setup / tuning discussion.

TXCO

WKR
Ive never really imagined a 3rd axis could affect the shot that much. Sometimes shooting (or tuning) a bow can feel overwhelming.

KbrgerPNW

FNG
So walk back tuning and 2nd axis on your sight was my big take away. I am currently working through this process as I sight in my new BG Ascent that I custom ordered through Steve at S&S. He was very helpful when I called to discuss ordering and options. Having grown up whitetail hunting from tree stands in the Catskills of NY in the late 80s and early 90s I know nothing but to aim low when shooting down at a deer. No great forums like this or podcasts back then to discuss topics such as 2nd and 3rd axis. Getting accustomed to shooting longer distances since moving out west I have come to realize (validate what I have read and heard from others) that small little inconsistencies in form and equipment set up (improper 2nd axis) are magnified at distance. This podcast covers so many great topics it is difficult to choose just one take away. Three months and one week until the OR archery opener! Time to get on it!>>------>

Great podcast. The explanation of third axis helped me understand this as I am new to archery. Thanks for the opportunity!

TNArcher

Lil-Rokslider
Very impressed with this Podcast and hope that Steve decides to keep it up.

My takeaway:

The misconception about cam lean really intrigued me. If you go on other sites that are geeked out on archery you hear a lot of different things. Matt does a great job of explaining the truth and misconceptions.