Listen and Win a Hoyt Carbon Bow

Thanks Steve and Matt for taking the time going over bow tuning and putting together this podcast. One of the things I didn't realize and learned from was with a solid limb bow, the center part really doesn't do much as far as support, most of the pressure is being applied to the outside of the limbs during the draw cycle. Thanks again!

Good listen. I liked the discussion of cam lean, and yoke tuning. Good to know cam lean is not the end of the world. Plus archerytalk is the devil made me laugh.

Big take away was D-loop materials and things that afftect paper tuning besides the tune.

I enjoyed that! Matt knows his stuff. I'll have to echo what everyone else has said, the 3rd axis explanation was spot on. Hard to forget the "swinging door" analogy.

Thanks for explaining the rollerguards effect on torque I've never really understood how that works until now. Lots of solid info.

It was all helpful! The explanation of bow torque really helped me. I always considered torque to be primarily shooter induced, but the torque from the roller guard and riser made things clear. Which leads into 3rd axis leveling.

Cool idea and nice interview, Matt sounds like a good guy. I learned a ton...out of the box set up, draw length measure by putting your fist on a wall, Hamskea Third Axis Level, torque, cam lean...thanks for the info.

Third axis and slider sights for western hunting. I've been contemplating a slider, but continue to remain happy with my fixed pin. Great podcast and very informative! Thanks for doing it.

Biggest take away was hearing him admit in a round about way how much torque a fixed rollerguard introduces into the bow.

Archery talk is the devil! Classic.

Alot of good info. Matt Davis really knows his stuff! There is what seems to be alot of technical info in the podcast but he explains it well with his easy to comprehend analogies... such as the "saloon door" for the 3rd axis leveling. Definitely a good listen...

For shooting long ranges, 2nd and 3rd axis leveling as well as the ability to reduce torque, are the key to consistently shooting tight groups. I have been contemplating switching from my Mathews to a Hoyt for a few years now, and after this video I will be heading down to my local pro shop to try out the Hoyt Turbo for this September. Great video with a lot of great info and it really showcases what appears to be a smooth drawing, smooth shooting bow. Thanks

Best explanation of 3rd axis using the idea of holding a carpenter level. I don,t think people realize how serious 3rd axis is. Also easiest way to determine draw length that I have heard of.

Awesome take on bow torque, I definitely need to go back and play with my 3rd axis a little more.

Ps. Brock loves Bowtech so his entry can be given to me!!

Back