Long Range Rifle Pic Thread...Post them up!

MJ from Oregon

Lil-Rokslider
DE Canyon Rifle chambered in .338 Edge with a California Blacktail from 2010.

DE Sheep Hunter chambered in 7WSM and my 2013 Oregon Rosey

Last edited:

Broz

WKR
Mine with full dress , ATACR, 6 screw rungs, bipod and all is just under 16 lbs by my scale and it has a 32" tube.

Jeff

Broz

WKR
LRKM with the 5th bull it took in the 2013 season. My wife's first ever bull. And the first time she ever shot the LRKM. 765 yards and look at her shot placement. After the shot she stated "that rifle is the easiest rifle to shoot you own."

Jeff

045_zpsd65f26c8.jpg

Last edited:

sendero72

FNG
Great shooting. Can't ask for better placement than that. Next time she can just shoot him between the eyes:)

ramhunter

FNG
My wife holding my 50 BMG, McMillan action & stock, Brux barrel, Leupold mark4 16X scope...and it's shoots 750 A-max's crazy good!

My wife holding my 50 BMG, McMillan action & stock, Brux barrel, Leupold mark4 16X scope...and it's shoots 750 A-max's crazy good!

Man I would hate to pack that sucker into some of my spots, but I would do it. That has got to be the best looking 150 pound hog rifle I have ever seen, and you live in the land of Dall Sheep too. I am jealous.

Last edited:

Eric S

FNG
WOW, those things are awesome.

Has anyone weighed there long range rifles. If so what are you tipping the scales at? I'm currently having a rifle built and Im starting to get nervous about the weight. I've spent all winter buying and selling and reading and bugging BrockA trying to get my pack weight down and now I think im going to be adding a fair amount of weight in the thunder stick category. I think the weight will be worth the extended range either way.

Gun Spec:
Stiller predator action
Manners EH1 stock
jewel trigger
Shilen barrel
Vortex Razor HD 5-20X50

ramhunter

FNG
Thanks guys!...the 50bmg weights in at 28 pounds, yea not packing it too far...lol I have a McMillan A5, Brux 338 barrel , and a Remington 40X action setting at home, just need to send it off to a smith, want to build a 338 edge for this spring black bear hunting!

Sam Millard, what part of N. Idaho do you live?...I was born and raised in St Maries, was just down there whitetail hunting last Nov!

Here's one of my light long rangers, 22-250AI, 26" Pac-Nor 1:8 3 groove barrel, loves the 75gr A-max's and is a tack driver!

OP
Sam Millard
Sam Millard, what part of N. Idaho do you live?...I was born and raised in St Maries, was just down there whitetail hunting last Nov!

Here's one of my light long rangers, 22-250AI, 26" Pac-Nor 1:8 3 groove barrel, loves the 75gr A-max's and is a tack driver!
]

I live NE of Rathdrum. Spend some time in the Joe looking for bears in the fall every year. Do you know what % and colors that Mac swirl pattern is on your light rig? Getting ready to order an A3 and still deciding color...

Nice to see some other Sheep Hunters around. Here's mine in my favorite chambering.

Don't remember the weight, but it's at least half what the big stick is and a real joy to carry after humping that heavy sucker all year!

Eric S

FNG
This seems like a good thread to ask this question with all you assasins chiming in
I am looking for some berger 215gr match hybrid target bullets. They are out of stock everywhere i look. Does anyone have a lead on where to find them?

Does anyone see any issue with my bullet selection.