Longest Sniper Shot Record Broken?

axeforce6

WKR
The video linked in the NY Post article, and the one in question is very obviously not thermal. The other two links in the thread are FLIR and not from the event in question. Here is a screen shot from the one of the shot in question.

FLIR can be zoomed like any other optic and I have watched people in it from pretty far away.

View attachment 630726
I was referencing the other video. Thought I lost my marbles for a second there.

wytx

WKR
More info here, with pics.

The first thing that’s lost in war is always the truth. I believe half of what I see and even less of what I hear when it comes to that BS.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Pretty simple, he either did it or he didn't. It's up to you to decide if you accept it or not. If you accept that the Canadian did it at 2.2 miles, is it to far of a stretch to believe 2.3 miles. I shot a ground squirrel at 85 yards with a .22, off hand no less. :)

Jethro

WKR
Dam influencer snipers always making videos of crazy long shots. Posting them all over the media just to get followers and likes. Then every Tom, Dick, and Harry sniper thinks they can make the same shot. All of a sudden, everyone is a long range sniper. Winds up that most of it just gives snipering a bad look.

I wonder about things.
When you see the folks shooting 2 miles they have lots of cant in their optic mounting system and then have apparatus mounted on the scope objective that adds offset optically some how. They are set up for hundreds of Mills/Moa correction to shoot 2 miles. And still they seem to walk them in like mortar fire.

I don’t know much about that kind of range but the pictured rifle setup doesn’t seem to have a sighting system that would do that type of correction.

I wonder about things.
When you see the folks shooting 2 miles they have lots of cant in their optic mounting system and then have apparatus mounted on the scope objective that adds offset optically some how. They are set up for hundreds of Mills/Moa correction to shoot 2 miles. And still they seem to walk them in like mortar fire.

I don’t know much about that kind of range but the pictured rifle setup doesn’t seem to have a sighting system that would do that type of correction.

They just use a little Ukraine Windage.

• Haha
Reactions: Duh

Yoder

WKR
Every guy I meet at the 100 yard rifle range used to be a sniper. I had one guy tell me how I was going to warp the barrel on my bolt action 300 Win mag by shooting it too fast. Range snipers have taught me all kinds of things.

Mt Al

WKR
Every guy I meet at the 100 yard rifle range used to be a sniper. I had one guy tell me how I was going to warp the barrel on my bolt action 300 Win mag by shooting it too fast. Range snipers have taught me all kinds of things.
It's especially nice when they come over and offer their expert advice when you weren't asking and you did everything you could to ignore them. That's when you know that they know, and they know that you know that they know.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It’s always a meh at most for me, with these “records” even assuming it’s true, a blind squirrel finding its nuts and all that.

Snipers keep throwing lead and eventually a new record will be recorded. It’s the way probability works.

Taking nothing away from snipers, but look at King of Two Miles and other ELR records. Man size target at 2.3 miles new record, meh.

We call them the Lead Sled army.

Yoder

WKR
We call them the Lead Sled army.
It's funny you should say that. One of the best sniper stories was a guy that shot his 223 bolt action off a Lead Sled so much that he actually broke the stock. He was really a bad ass, he only shot on the 50 yard range.

Yarak

WKR
I'm going to call BS on this
Until there is some better proof of said shot being made it is no more than propaganda to get the rumor mill fired up

Wrench

WKR
More info here, with pics.
I'm in the 2k shoot camp and my rigs are running 60moa of cant to make that happen. When I look at these pics my bs meter goes off. Unless they are using something like the Charile TARAC there's simply no mf'n way to make the trip.