Looking at the eberlstock team elk pack.

Jpaul

FNG
I am looking to start bringing my Savage Stealth Evolution on hunts with me and am thinking of getting a pack with a rifle scabbard to make it easier to pack it around. I’m looking at the eberlstock team elk pack but I’m not sure if my rifle will fit in the scabbard. I am currently running it with a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP and a Harris bipod. The gun weighs about 15 lbs in its current configuration so I’m thinking that getting that weight off of my arms/upper body will make a much more enjoyable hunt. Does anyone have experience with the scabbard on this pack and fitting chassis style rifles?

Mosby

WKR
I had one and got rid of it. It had very little room inside the pack for extra stuff and the first year I had it, I used it to carry out two elk. It worked but it wasn't very comfortable for me at all. It just didn't fit me well and it was heavy. I don't recall ever using the scabbard. The bottom half of the scabbard would hang down pretty far when in use. Not sure you could sit down when using it. I don't remember the length but it wasn't very wide. Not sure a bipod would fit inside of it. Its a nice looking pack but it just didn't work for me.

OP
Jpaul

Jpaul

FNG
Thanks for the input. Maybe I’ll go with another option. I’m just needing something that can fit my rifle and still be comfortable enough for a couple days and have the ability to pack out mule deer and the occasional elk. Any recommendations?

cdowell

FNG
Had the Dragonfly which has the same scabbard. Also have a viper 6.5-25x50 on my rifle. Fits perfectly. But when you throw a bipod on it makes it a nightmare getting it in and out of the scabbard, and almost impossible while on your back. Otherwise i enjoyed my Eberlestock.

Mosby

WKR
Thanks for the input. Maybe I’ll go with another option. I’m just needing something that can fit my rifle and still be comfortable enough for a couple days and have the ability to pack out mule deer and the occasional elk. Any recommendations?
I wouldn't use a pack with a scabbard. Too much weight and confining with the bipod. I would get a pack that you could carry the rifle on the outside of the pack. Something like a Mystery Ranch Metcalf or similar.

1563677350945.png

2RiversCO

Lil-Rokslider
Had a Blue Widow. Way to uncomfortable. Have the SO Lanner now and night and day difference. Price is too though, but worth it. Your rifle would prolly fit in the spotting scope pocket just fine on the side.

OP
Jpaul

Jpaul

FNG
Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it. I was looking at the team elk pack mostly because of the price range. But it does seem fairly unanimous that it can’t compete with the likes of mystery ranch or kuiu. I guess in the end it’s just a question of being comfortable with your gear. I may just shell out the extra money and get me one of the above named packs. If the wife permits it that is. Buy once cry once right? The mystery ranch metcalf looks great but I don’t particularly like the lack of exterior pockets for my spotting scope etc. I may end up going with the kuiu pro 3600 with an external rifle carry system. Seems to be the best option to fit my needs. Anyone have experience with this particular pack?

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Eberlestock Just One pack with the scabbard. I bought it for the same reasons you are stating. Seemed nice and price was right. It is uncomfortable, and the scabbard system is not good. I had to take my pack off to access my rifle. It seemed like a great deal at the time, but I wish now I would of just waited and saved for another pack. I have since upgraded to Kifaru.

muddydogs

WKR
I would rethink your choice of rifles, I see a lot of missed opportunities because the tank of a rifle will be strapped to your pack instead of in your hands were it needs to be. There's no need for a 15 pound 47" rifle in the hunting woods.

My browning a bolt 7mm and vx3 4.5x14x50 is tight in my just one pack and don’t think a tripod will fit nose down. Might butt up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shotshill

FNG
My experience with an Eberlestock X2 is its
A great design but it doesnt fit. It also has no torso adjustment... Ive a long torso and the Eberlestock product doesn't work. I did buy a F1 which works and fits me much better.
The X2 however is an excellent design in a compact package... Just my .02

If you're looking at an Eberlestock for a weapons carry pack I would look at the tactical line instead for the type of weapon you want to carry. I have a G4 Operator, an X3 Lowdrag and a Gunslinger 2, all of which do great for weapons carry I also have a Warhammer with the Little Brother and an A4ss on it for weapon/ meat carry. My advice on these is to upgrade the shoulder harness to the thicker 1, makes a huge difference.

Gumbo

WKR
I ran a Just One for a while...Just Once is a better name. One heavy load and you will be selling it for a better pack. Kifaru is likely what you are looking for. There are so many different rifle-carry configurations using the gun bearer and pockets.