Looking for a lower 48 black bear expert

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, you can toot your own horn if you wish or recommend someone you know here on rokslide.
I'm looking for someone who has been a black bear hunter for a long time and has experience in bear behavior as I would like to pick their brain on a few details.
Thanks!

Randy

Wrench

WKR
What location/habitat? I've killed several and passed on a whole bunch. I'm not an expert, but I know my area and the behavior of the bears in my area well.

Mosby

WKR
Some of the largest black bears in the country live in and around Lycoming County, PA but how the locals hunt them there is totally different than how I hunt out west. I hunt bears for fun and I am far from an expert, so I will differ to others. I am assuming you are asking about bears in Idaho, Montana, etc.?

WTFJohn

WKR
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Gui...+hunting+book&qid=1557620303&s=gateway&sr=8-7

Hope you have a kindle. I just bought this book last year for $13 not sure why the price is so high.

I read and used info from this book to kill a nice bear last year and can't recommend it enough; I bought it on iTunes. Also the author is a semi-active member on Rokslide. I won't out his user name on here, but if you seek him out via other means he may chime in here.

OP, what are your questions?

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I got my questions answered after doing a whole bunch more research.
Thanks to all and I'll have to check out that book.

Randy