looking for a piece of orange clothing

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
first rifle season here, I've seen the orange cheapy vests online but what do yall prefer to wear in the mountains to meet the blaze orange requirements for rifle hunting??

hopefully that's not too too stupid of a question. I just dont want to buy a cheap vest that falls apart on me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I mainly bowhunt, but I do rifle hunt at times. Back in 2004, I bought a cheap fleece, hunter orange pullover at one of the big chain stores. I got it a size bigger than I normally wear, so it would fit over my insulated coat. It has served me well over the years. I am sure there are better options, but this has worked for me.

I have been pleased with these. Light weight, quiet, cheap, and durable for the price.

https://www.orangeaglow.com/

+1 for this.

I wanted something thin to go over whatever layer I was wearing from hot early season to bitter cold so I looked for an uninsulated vest. I started with the cheap stuff from Wally World. Nothing wrong with it but it rips and absorbs water. I bought that Sitka vest but it was too heavy for backpacking (they have their place). Bought the orange aglow vest and backpack panel and never looked back.

If I were a wing shooter or only hunted rifle with short walks, the sitka or something like it would be fine, adds functional pockets and would last for ever. For lightweight and good quality, orange aglow is the bees knees. It is so light I keep it in my pack in bow season and use it as a flag when I am packing out.

zacattack

WKR
first rifle season here, I've seen the orange cheapy vests online but what do yall prefer to wear in the mountains to meet the blaze orange requirements for rifle hunting??

hopefully that's not too too stupid of a question. I just dont want to buy a cheap vest that falls apart on me

I’ll add another vote for orange aglow

I'm such a bad gear hound, dunno if that's good or bad...I just bought an Arc'teryx Delta LT light weight fleece in trail blaze. It's so light it's almost like a zip-t. I wanted long sleeves. I have one of the Sitka vests and it's silly, I don't like wearing it. Thinking about ordering some goods from Orange Aglow.

hikenhunt

WKR
get something lightweight that you can throw over what you are wearing whether its warm or cold out. That's what always winds up going with me

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I own some Sitka gear, like it, will probably buy more in the future, but let’s be real: this vest may very well THE single most overpriced piece of hunting gear on the market.
Couldn't agree more but shameless plug... Use our 1 shot BUCKS program on the website and you can buy discount codes to apply to your online purchases.

OP
S

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
just ordered the orange aglow vest thanks for recommendations!

paulnack

FNG
I've been checking ebay for a cheap orange puffy (of any brand). But now Im reconsidering for the noise levels typical of puffies. Maybe I'll find something in down with a brushed finish.