Looking for a Stiff Boot

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Title says it.... Mainly looking for a summer boot, as I have the hunting boots figured out. I have been wearing a lightweight, non-stiff Solomon boot, and is have become apparent that it is time for me to get a stiffer boot. What are some brands that make a good stiff hiking boot. Being this is for summer hiking / conditioning I am not wanting any insulation for this either.

Check out our Granite pro's.

Title says it.... Mainly looking for a summer boot, as I have the hunting boots figured out. I have been wearing a lightweight, non-stiff Solomon boot, and is have become apparent that it is time for me to get a stiffer boot. What are some brands that make a good stiff hiking boot. Being this is for summer hiking / conditioning I am not wanting any insulation for this either.
Crispi Colorado

I've been using the Lathrop and Sons boot for a couple of years now. I love them for steep or rough terrain, I'm looking for a more flexible everyday boot now though that's a little sneakier for turkeys and most of the time whitetail hunting.

TN VOL

FNG
Zamberlan Vioz boots have always fit my feet well. They make wide and up to size 14.

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider
I had the Lowa Tibets for 5-6 years and liked them. Ended up buying the crispi briksdal SF this summer and I like them even better. Obviously boots is very personal when it comes to how they fit. But they fit my feet better, alot lighter, and as stiff as the Lowa Tibets. Also they are great on flat ground since they have a rocker. I thought the Lowas at times was like walking with a 2 by 4 under each foot. I did get the regular briksdals first but decided the sole was too soft after walking around in them with a load on my back.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Scarpa Charmoz. Sized up from an 11 to a 12. Great price point too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
Scarpa Grand Dru, love mine, make my old Nevadas feel like tennis shoes as far as stiffness. Lightweight too for what they are, by far my favorite boots.

Depends how stiff you want. On Scarpas:

Zodiac Tech - light but stiff sole. more vertical heel pocket than Ribelle HD
Ribelle HD - stiffer than Zodiac Tech. rocker for flat walking. locks heel in more than ZTech.

Dynamice

FNG
I have a pair of Salewa Rapaces, I really like their stiffness vs the comfort. I only have 20-25 miles on them so far but they are only getting better.

I have a pair of Salewa Rapaces, I really like their stiffness vs the comfort. I only have 20-25 miles on them so far but they are only getting better.
Trying a pair myself right now and I'm optimistic at this point. They definitely lack cushioning.

Mer19

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a pair of the Salewa Rapace that I thought were very good boot overall. Stiff, but light weight. Very well constructed, however the sole material left something to be desired as they chunked out and were pretty worn out after a season or two. The uppers are still in great shape.